Did you know that creating your very own blog will cost you nothing? That’s right. Blogging your thoughts, ideas, and interests to the world is totally free. Are you ready to start a blog that will boost your web presence?
You can blog about anything – cats, RVs, safaris, water skiing, life in NYC, running, gardening, jobs, blogging, climbing, pickup trucks, lake life, politics, maple syrup, photography, or your job as a flight attendant. Literally, the options are endless. If you’re looking for a job and using your blog as a way to establish yourself as a subject matter expert it may be best to focus on your job niche.
Learn about Blog Writing Jobs
Technology has made it easy for just about anyone to start a blog. It is estimated that there are over 50 million blogs online. That number is rapidly growing. The word blog comes from “web log,” which was shortened to just blog. Blogs are usually a discussion or informational site compiled of individual posts that focus on the same subject.
Creating a blog is actually much easier than you might think. Here are a handful of the best free blogging platforms:
It seems that the general consensus across the Internet is that the best free blogging sites are WordPress and Blogger. Both offer free blogging and you can purchase your own unique domain name for a minimal fee per year. A unique domain is a web address like http://www.jobmonkey.com/ vs a WordPress domain like http://www.domain.wordpress.com/.
- Blogger is part of the Google family. It’s known to be the best site for people with limited knowledge of coding and HTML. It comes with templates, statistics, and all the other things you’ll wish you had as you develop your blogging site.
- WordPress offers free blogging and hosting. It’s a great site for people with all levels of experience, but it takes a bit more time to figure out how to make it work for you.
If you’re still wondering if starting a blog is the right thing for you to do, here are a few reasons why blogging might be the best thing you’ll ever do for your career:
- Establish your expertise
- Express your ideas
- Establish a following
- Build your web presence
- Stay knowledgable and up-to-date on your niche
- Become a recognizable name and online expert
- Make it easier for recruiters to learn about you and what you know
- Highlight your resume and experience
There are countless blogs on the World Wide Web. They were all originally set up by people just like you. It’s up to you to decide how much time and effort you want to put into a blog. Browse some excellent blogs online, maybe it will inspire you to create your own blog.
Create a blog and tell the world what you’re all about. If you get enough followers, you can even turn blogging into your career. A flexible, remote job opportunity would be pretty awesome wouldn’t it?
Ultimately a professional blog will help you find a job. Create your free blog today, add useful content, and keep it up-to-date. You may be surprised by where your blog will take you.