Join the Ranch’s Office Staff!
Believe it or not, it’s possible to work at a dude ranch and not get your hands (too) dirty. In addition to all of the cleaning and wrangling and cooking every ranch has office work to be done.
Office Staff Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Receptionist services for guests
- Assist with dude ranch marketing efforts
- Running the ranch store (purchasing, cash register, stocking, etc.)
- Answering telephones and responding to emails
- Taking reservations
- Guest registration
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Administrative support services for staff (payroll)
- May be asked to do occasional babysitting
- Sometimes helping other ranch staff
- Previous office experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds working at a high altitudes
- Persons with other skills (horse, kitchen) are usually preferred, as they can move to any openings in these areas that occur.
- Sales experience a plus