16 Habits Of Successful Recruiters
Habits are routines and behaviors that you do regularly without even thinking about it. Develop good habits and you’ll set yourself up for success, but if you develop bad habits you’ll be in for a frustrating experience.
Luckily, habits are things that you can control. Stay focused and you can develop the right habits to help you do your job. In the world of HR, the right habits will help you find, recruit, and hire the top talent and drive your company to success.
Below you’ll find 16 habits of successful recruiters:
- Be Proactive – Plan ahead and make sure things are done correctly and on time.
- Be Outgoing – An outgoing personality will help you to meet and greet the right people.
- Be A Team Player – Remember that it’s not all about you. Your goal is to strengthen the entire team and company.
- Push Your Comfort Zone – Just because you have never tried something doesn’t mean it won’t work. Push your comfort zone and be willing to try new things.
- Track Your Metrics – Be organized and track what works and what doesn’t work.
- Remember People’s Names – When you call someone by their name it personalizes their experience and can build stronger relationships.
- Communicate Wisely – Communication is always important. Make sure that people know what’s going on at all times so that everyone is prepared and ready for what comes next.
- Develop Your Current Team – The hiring process is just the first step. Take care of your new employees to ensure that they have what they need to do their job and to be happy at work.
- Keep Up With HR Trends – Stay up to date on your niche and industry. Watch the trends to see how it will affect your job and your recruits down the line.
- Build Your Network – Never neglect your network. Always go out and meet new people because you never know who might be a valuable connection in the future.
- Think About The Big Picture – Take a minute to step back and look at the bigger picture. Have long term plans and goals that will set you up for success.
- Do Your Research – Even if everything looks great on paper, go the extra mile to ensure that everything is actually how it seems.
- Get Creative – Think outside the box when recruiting, writing job ads, and attracting talent.
- Seek To Improve – You can always be better at your job. Never grow complacent. Instead always seek to improve yourself.
- Tap Into The Right Sources – Know where to find the best people for your company. Go beyond job boards and social media and target the top talent in the right places.
- Build Your Talent Community – Build your company’s web presence and create a social community that wants to work for you. It will make it easier to find prospective job candidates.
Based on this list, have you developed the habits of a successful recruiter? What can you improve on that will help you do your job better? Do these things on a daily basis until they will become good habits that will set you up for success.
Recruiting the right person for the job is no easy task, but when you develop the right habits, it will most certainly make your job a little bit easier.