Green Allied Organizations
- American Farmland Trust (AFT)
An organization devoted to protecting farmland and improving the economic viability of agriculture.
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
An environmental action group dedicated to the protection of wildlife and the environment.
- American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE)
A non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. dedicated to the promotion of renewable energy into mainstream America.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
A membership association for licensed architects.
- Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (AMPO)
A non-profit, membership organization serving Metropolitan Planning Organizations in areas of training, education, resources, and certification.
- Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT)
A site dedicated to the promotion of urban sustainability
- Conservation Fund Enterprise
A leading nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting America’s wilderness and waterways.
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI)
A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting environmentally sustainable societies.
- Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
An environmental law research and education organization that participates in environmental legislation and publishes newsletters, periodicals, and books for the environmental law industry.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
A leader in the advancement of environmental protection, research, and policy.
An activist organization dedicated to exposing the global environmental problems through direct action.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
An education based organization comprised of transportation professionals.
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
A professional and educational organization for leaders of local and state government entities.
- Local Government Commission (LGC)
A nonprofit membership organization comprised of elected officials, community leaders, and professionals in the planning and architecture industry. Promotes the movement toward sustainable communities.
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
An organization that offers assistance in the transformation of rundown communities into healthy ones.
- Mayors Institute of City Design
An organization in partnership with leading design, planning, and building groups dedicated to the transformation of communities.
- National Association of Local Government Environmental Professionals (NALGEP)
An association that represents local government professionals responsible for environmental compliance and the development and implementation of local environmental policy.
- National Neighborhood Coalition
An organization dedicated to the welfare of American neighborhoods. A provider of information on government policies and procedures concerning local communities.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
An agency devoted to the oceanic and atmospheric sciences. A voice in climate change and the conservation of our coastlines and our natural bodies of water.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP)
An organization that provides education, advocacy, and resources to save America’s diverse historic places and revitalize our communities.
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
An organization dedicated to the preservation of America’s wildlife.
- Northeast-Midwest Institute
A private, non-profit research organization dedicated to economic strength and environmental quality for Northeast and Midwest states.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
A nonprofit organization dedicated to the transformation of unused rail corridors by into nature trails. Focused on the revitalization of America’s wilderness, communities, and people.
- Scenic America
A nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and enhancing the visual character of America’s communities and countryside.
- Sierra Club
An organization with more than 1 million members focused on the protection of the environment, natural resources, and the planet’s wildlife.
- Smart Growth America
An organization dedicated to the revitalization of existing center cities and suburbs.
- Surface Transportation Policy Project (STPP)
A nationwide coalition working to ensure safer communities and smarter transportation choices that enhance the economy, improve public health, promote social equity, and protect the environment.
- Sustainable Communities Network
A network of resources dedicated to sustainable communities.
- Trust for Public Land (TPL)
A non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of land for use as parks, community gardens, historic sites, and working fields.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
A non-profit research and education organization providing leadership in the responsible use of land for sustainable communities.
Green Living (Links and Resources) >>>