Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do you call it “JobMonkey”?
- How is JobMonkey different from other online recruiting services?
- Who can use JobMonkey?
- Why should I become a member?
- How many employers can I send my application to at a time?
- How will employers get in touch with me?
- What is JobMonkey’s policy about removing resumes if jobseekers no longer want to be in the database?
- What if I forget my username or password?
- How do I know you will keep my contact information confidential and will not sell it to a marketing company?
- Do you have a newsletter or provide any other free employment information?
- How do I report factual errors I found on JobMonkey?
- Can I put a link to JobMonkey on my site?
- I want to feature my product/service on your web site. How can I do this?
- How do I report a technical problem?
- I seem to be having technical difficulties with loading JobMonkey
- What can I do to increase the speed with which I access your site?
- What are “Cookies” and do you use them on your site?
- How do I bookmark or make JobMonkey a favorites page?
When we started planning our site, we brainstormed many ideas for names.
At first, we tried a number of names that would describe the site and its contents accurately, but we found this impossible to do. The name would have had to be something like:
You can imagine our dilemma. So we decided to go with a name that would express the fun and adventure of these jobs–what we needed was a symbol! A mascot! So we picked a monkey because, well, we just think monkeys are a hoot! They’re fun and they’re kind of exotic, which represents the travel part. And so, JobMonkey was born! (Ask yourself, “Why do they call it Amazon.com?”)
JobMonkey helps match jobseekers with really “cool” summer, seasonal and adventure jobs in the U.S. and abroad. Examples of these jobs include: 1) Bartender at a beach resort in the Caribbean 2) Hiking guide in Yosemite 3) Camp counselor on Orcas Island 4) Conversational English teacher in Prague. JobMonkey does not put a major focus on full-time, career employment options like other standard Internet job boards. Instead, we fill a void by providing a recruiting network for the thousands of employers who hire a large percentage of seasonal staff and for those jobseekers looking for rewarding jobs.
Who can use JobMonkey?
- Anybody. It’s most useful to people who are interested in a summer, seasonal, or adventure type job. But anyone can use JobMonkey to search for cool jobs.
- Any employer from the non-traditional industries that JobMonkey features from any region of any country – interested in recruiting for their vacant positions.
Although it is not required to set up an account to search through our job openings, an account is required to apply for the jobs. It is free to set up an account and only takes a few minuites.
You can send your profile to as many as you like however you must submit your profile to each employer individually. This way it ensures to the employer that you are not just blanketing your resume to all employers, but are actually taking the time to read each job description. This gives the employers a better-qualified candidate.
Job seekers have three options if they no longer want their profile to be active in JobMonkey’s database.
Anonymous. You can easily hide your contact information on your resumes by checking the “Anonymous” check box under each resume you added. You can do this in the “Manage Resumes” section of your account.
Searchable. You can easily hide your resumes from being searched by employers simply by unchecking the “Searchable” check box under each resume you added. You can do this in the “Manage Resumes” section of your account.
Deletion. If you’re not completely happy with our service or, for whatever reason, decide that you want to completely delete your profile information from our system, all you have to do is send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject heading “DELETE ME” and in the body of your email, YOU MUST include the first and last name that the account is under so that we can find it in our database and delete it.
In most cases people choose to simply de-activate their profile rather than delete it in case they change their minds or begin looking for a new internship/job.
Your username is your email address you used when you signed up for your account.
If you forget your password, go to www.JobMonkeyJobs.com and click on the “forgot password” link and we will email you your password.
JobMonkey has a free ‘Cool Jobs’ newsletter. It’s something you have to sign up for (opt in) right here: Subscribe to Free Newsletter. We also send the newsletter to everyone who creates a free job seeker account in our Job Center. Each newsletter includes articles about the jobs and industries featured on JobMonkey. We also highlight blog posts and include exclusive job hunting advice and career tips from our dedicated career counselor.
If you already subscribe, but want to opt out, it’s simple:
Unsubscribe from our Newsletter
Yes, you are completely welcome to use our service. Most industries we cover hire U.S. citizens, and many hire people of different nationalities. Theme parks, dude ranches, and summer camps in the U.S. have a hard time filling their jobs with Americans. So they recruit young people from abroad. The cruise industry hires people of all nationalities. Please be aware that JobMonkey does not assist with any working papers or visas at this time.
If you have found a factual error or some other type of incorrect information on JobMonkey, please email our editors at [email protected]. If you would rather send your detailed report via mail, address the envelope to:
PO Box 16668
Seattle, WA 98116
We’ll look into your report and make necessary corrections as quickly as possible. Be sure to include your return address and phone number so we can contact you for additional details.
By all means put a link to JobMonkey on your site, we encourage it!
Well, we like to test and/or review books, magazines and products before featuring them on JobMonkey. Please send your wares and info about your service/product to JobMonkey, PO Box 16668, Seattle, WA 98116. Our staff will check it out and determine if it’s a product we wish to stand behind. We will be happy to review quality travel guides, job resource books, outdoor gear, or other related travel or employment products and recommend them to our JobMonkey visitors.
To report a technical problem, you can email us at [email protected]
There are several possibilities that could cause upload problems:
- The JobMonkey site works best when viewed with the latest versions of FireFox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and so forth. If you do not have Internet Explorer or Firefox – or another popular browser – you may not have an ideal experience on the website. We apologize for any inconvenience that may cause for you.
- A browser error has occurred. In this case, simply close the browser, reopen it, and try again.
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) might be having problems. Try accessing other websites, and if the problem persists contact your ISP.
- Occasionally the server generating our pages goes down for maintenance or because of technical problems. Be patient. We resolve these problems as soon as we possibly can, often within minutes.
The following suggestions may help to enhance the performance of our services:
- Check your Internet access speed. Dial-up modems are much less common now, but some still use them. If you’re on dial-up, then accessing the site will take longer. Those using cable modems, DSL or some other form of high speed Internet access won’t have any problems with JobMonkey.
- Turn your graphics off – an option most browsers provide. This will significantly reduce the download time of graphics-rich pages by displaying only their text. (Most browsers allow you to defer image loading until after the text has displayed. While this doesn’t improve overall speed, it does offer the text while images download.) Generally, you will find that we try to minimize the size of our graphics to reduce download time.
- Clear your disk and memory caches. Also, check your memory cache setting to ensure it’s no greater than 25 percent of your computer’s total RAM.
- Close any applications you are not using to increase the amount of RAM available to your browser.
Most Web browsers allow you to create bookmarks or favorites that allow you to easily return to a site you have visited on the Web. Once you have added a bookmark or favorite, a preferred page is only a click away. Instructions explaining how to create ‘bookmarks’ and ‘favorites’ are available inside your Web browser – Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc. Just go to the Help section and the explanation will be there!
JobMonkey Home >>>