How much do you make per hour? Per year? Do you wish you could make more money? Why not plan your career out so that you can land a job that pays more? Would you be happy making $15 per hour? $20 per hour? $50 per hour? How about $100 per hour?!
Imagine what your life would be like if you made $100 per hour. If you work 40 hours per week for 50 weeks each year, that means you would make $200,000 per year! That’s a lot of money.
Do you ever wonder what jobs you would need to have to make $100 per hour? This cool post on CNBC called, $100+ Per Hour Jobs, has the answers. This list takes a look at jobs that make $100 per hour or more. The results are a bit surprising.
Here are 12 jobs that pay $100 per hour or more:
- Underwater Welder – In the dangerous job of underwater construction for oil and gas companies, you can pull in up to $900 to $1200 per day for working in extreme, underwater conditions.
- Anesthesiologist – Also known as gas passers, anesthesiologists administer drugs to put a patient to sleep during surgery. According to the BLS, anesthesiologists make $113.01 per hour on average.
- Commercial Pilot – CNBC says that the top 10% of commercial pilots make an average of $120 per hour! It sounds like a lot, but the FAA limits pilot’s flight time to only about 100 hours a month.
- Tattoo Artist – People pay top dollar for high quality tattoos. Did you know that the top 10% of tattoo artists make over $130 per hour? Unfortunately tattoo artists don’t typically work that many hours per week.
- Arbitrator – If you’re in the top 10% of this legal profession, you’ll earn about $130 per hour to help settle legal disputes outside of the courtroom.
- Orthodontist – High end orthodontists earn over $100 per hour to help people straighten their teeth.
- Freelance Photographer – It takes a lot of skill and an outstanding portfolio to make $100 per hour as a photographer, but some people do it. Awesome!
- Interior Designer – The top 10% of interior designers make $100 per hour. These elite interior designers have a keen eye for detail. When they specialize in remodeling projects in the right locations they can make the big bucks.
- Hand Model – Do you have any exquisite body parts? Could your hands be featured in the next DeBeers Diamond ad? If so, you could command $100 per hour for the visual appeal of your hands.
- Life Coach – This new career mixes therapy with career coaching. It’s trendy and it pays well – $100 to $150 per hour.
- Massage Therapist – If you can land a job at a private massage practice, you can make $100 per hour or more as a massage therapist.
- Political Speechwriter – Everyone has heard the prose of a political speechwriter during election season. Those meaningful words have the power to sway public opinion and change the world. For that, a political speechwriter can make $100 per hour.
Some of the above jobs surprised us. Visit CNBC to learn more about the above jobs and where these numbers come from. There are other jobs that pay $100 per hour too – actors, models, politicians, entrepreneurs. Can you think of any other jobs that pay $100 per hour?
It’s super important to note that just because you are employed in one of the above jobs, it does not mean that you are guaranteed to make $100 per hour. It is possible to make an outstanding hourly rate like that, but it requires years of experience, the right company, the ideal candidate, the appropriate clientele, the perfect location, and a lot of talent and skill.
A driven person with the right qualities and abilities can pursue any of these jobs and make $100 per hour. But remember that everyone has to start somewhere. That may mean working for peanuts, finding internships, building a resume or portfolio, assuming student loans, or marketing your personal brand before you make the elusive $100 per hour mark. Stay focused and give 110% to your job and you could be making $100 per hour or more too.
If your goal is to make $100 per hour, start your job search on JobMonkey today.