Do you know what company is the the largest in your state? You’re about to find out.
Each US state excels at something different. It depends on its geographic location, its natural resources, and what businesses set up shop there. There are many important factors to consider when determining a state’s largest employer – number of people employed, market share, revenue, value, income, etc. We found a map from BroadView Networks that highlights the largest companies by revenue in each US state. The leaders will surprise you.
Revenue is a good term to know. Revenue is defined as the overall amount of money a company receives. It is calculated as the price of goods or services sold times the number of units sold. Ultimately, costs and expenses are subtracted from revenue. For example, if you sold 20 hot dogs at $5 per hot dog, your revenue would be $100 dollars.
- Alabama – Regions Bank
- Alaska – GCI Inc
- Arizona – Avnet Inc.
- Arkansas – Wal-Mart Stores
- California – Chevron Corporation
- Colorado – Arrow Electronics
- Connecticut – General Electric
- Delaware – E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Florida – World Fuel Services
- Georgia – Home Depot International Inc.
- Hawaii – Hawaiian Electric Industries
- Idaho – Albertson’s LLC
- Illinois – The Boeing Company
- Indiana – Anthem Inc.
- Iowa – Transamerica Life Insurance Company
- Kansas – Koch Industries
- Kentucky – Humana Inc
- Louisiana – CenturyLink Inc.
- Maine – Hannaford Bros. Co.
- Maryland – Lockheed Martin
- Massachusetts – Liberty Mutual Holding Company
- Michigan – General Motors
- Minnesota – UnitedHealth Group
- Mississippi – Koch Foods Incorporated
- Missouri – Express Scripts Holding
- Montana – Stillwater Mining Company
- Nebraska – Berkshire Hathaway
- Nevada – Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- New Hampshire – C&S Wholesale Grocers Inc.
- New Jersey – Johnson & Johnson
- New Mexico – Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- New York – Verizon Communications
- North Carolina – Bank of America
- North Dakota – MDU Resources Group Inc.
- Ohio – The Kroger Co.
- Oklahoma – Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc.
- Oregon – Nike Inc.
- Pennsylvania – AmeriSourceBergen
- Rhode Island – CVS Caremark
- South Carolina – Sonoco Products Company
- South Dakota – Poet LLC
- Tennessee – FedEx Corporation
- Texas – Exxon Mobil
- Utah – Huntsman Corporation
- Vermont – Keurig Green Mountain Inc.
- Virginia – The Long & Foster Companies
- Washington – CostCo Wholesale
- West Virginia – Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Wisconsin – Johnson Controls Inc.
- Wyoming – Cloud Peak Energy Inc.
Did your next employer make the list of the largest companies by revenue?
The above list was compiled by BroadView Networks based on data from Hoover’s. Visit BroadView Networks to discover how much revenue each company made. You can also compare this list to 2014’s list. There are quite a few changes that you might find interesting.
All of these companies would make excellent employers. They are large companies with proven, successful track records. Be sure to add them to your job search. If you’re in the job market, apply for jobs with these employers and others on the JobMonkey Job Board today.