Everyone can agree that technology has changed the world. Technology plays a major role in our lives. Now you can make yourself more employable without even leaving the comfort of your home. Online degrees are making it much easier to break into the job market. If you’re keen to move up in the working world, switch careers, or gain an education, online degrees are a fantastic option. Millions of Americans have already taken advantage of online education. It’s an ideal way to earn a degree because you can do it from anywhere – as long as you have an Internet connection. Online education covers almost every niche. Most are accredited programs that can help you move up in the workforce or switch to a new profession. When you earn an online degree, there are some awesome job options that become available to you. USNews has a cool article that explores a handful of jobs that you can land after completing an online degree:
- Nurse Practitioner – The healthcare field is the perfect place for job security. Nurse practitioner jobs are in demand across the country. You can earn a Master’s in Nursing or a Doctorate of Nursing Practice Online from several brand name universities. Plus, nurse practitioners have an average salary of $89,960.
- Computer Systems Analyst – If you enjoy working with technology and interacting with people, then this is the job for you. Computer Systems Analysts need to earn either a bachelor or master degree in information technology. The average income for a computer systems analyst is $79,680.
- Market Research Analyst – Do you know why people like what they do? Market research analysts get paid to observe people’s behaviors, habits, and preferences. Then they help brands improve their packaging, branding, and sales. To get into this niche, an online bachelors degree in business administration is a good place to start. You can also earn a Masters of Business Administration online too. Market research analysts earn approximately $60,300 per year.
- Cost Estimator – Every project needs to operate on a budget. Cost estimators analyze the requirements of construction projects before they even break ground. To enter this field, you’ll need to earn a degree in construction management or building science. Course work in business is an added bonus. The average salary in this field is $58,860 per year.
- Public Relations Specialist – Are you a people person? Public relations is a growing field and the people that excel in this niche are natural communicators and salesmen. Seek an online degree in communications, advertising, public relations, or professional communications. Once you land a job, you can expect to earn about $54,170.
- Speech Language Pathologist – This cool job allows you to work with people who suffer from speech communications problems. This job works with people of all ages, but most jobs are based in schools. This rewarding field requires a master’s degree in speech language pathology. Once working full time, you’ll earn a sweet salary of $69,870.
You can learn more about these jobs and which schools are the best to apply to on US News.Online degrees take time to complete. Be sure to budget accordingly. Maybe you’ll want to have an exciting seasonal job to help pay the bills before you finish your degree. Once you’ve graduated, head over to the job board to start your job search. You’ll be amazed at how an online degree on your resume will help you get ahead in the job search. Trust us. The time and investment is well worth it.