Jobs with Atlas Van Lines
Atlas World Group is one of the nation's largest transportation corporations with revenues of over a billion dollars last year alone.
Where Leadership is the Mission
From their headquarters in Evansville, Indiana, the company concentrates its efforts on providing a continuous emphasis on exceptional service excellence and extraordinary corporate growth. The nationwide group of independent agents provides equipment and warehousing services necessary to keep the company moving forward by offering unparalleled service to their many customers. The company provides specialized transportation services to the general public, corporate clients and several government agencies through its network of independent agents. Atlas World Group is known for its integrity, for providing solutions for transportation problems and for its high quality in both services offered and personnel.
The company's Canadian line (Atlas Van Lines - Canada) is the nation's fastest-growing and most progressive van line system. Connecting over 150 full-service agents from its headquarters in Oakville, Ontario, the company provides transport and warehousing services that mirror those of its parent company south of the border. Atlas World Group Incorporated has many separate entities under its umbrella of various companies. These include:
- Atlas Van Lines International which provides freight handling overseas and around the globe
- Atlas Terminal Company supports its worldwide agents with supplies and equipment related to the moving industry such as financing, sales, repair and service
- Atlas World-Class Travel is a travel agency offering full-service to global customers, in both business and personal situations
- Avail Resource Management provides move management programs which enable clients to achieve systematic, productivity gains from transportation resources
- Cornerstone Relocation Group provides relocation services to corporations and the families of their employees throughout North America
- Red Ball International provides international freight forwarding services for van lines outside the Atlas group of companies
- Smart Move Transportation specializes in containerized shipping offering secure and cost-effective vaults to hold shipments before and after shipping
- Titan Global Distribution provides logistic services for its many clients throughout North America. The company also provides management services for transportation and warehousing for its clients
- American Vanpac Carriers provides international freight forwarding with special expertise transporting materials for customers in the U.S. State Department and the military
At Atlas, the Choice is Yours
Atlas Van Lines has some of the best people working for it because they treat each and every employee with fairness and respect.
Whether the employee is working as an agent or a driver, the compensation is well above the national average.
Many of their owner operators have been with the company for over 30 years, and that's saying a lot in an industry that tends to fluctuate with economic rises and falls.
Some of the advantages of being an owner operator include weekly pay settlements, attractive mileage bonus program, sign on and referral bonus programs, free cargo liability insurance packages, no trailer rent charges, cell phone allowance, 24/7 roadside assistance coverage, group rate health insurance and paid state permits.
As you can see, working as an owner operator for Atlas has more than its share of benefits and individual owner operators can expect to earn anywhere from $140,000 to over $150,000 annually.