Are you employable? What makes an employer want to hire you? How do you stand out from the crowd? It’s a competitive job market out there and you need to give yourself every advantage you can if you want to become gainfully employed. Are you ready to make yourself more employable? We thought so.
Whether you’re actively searching for a job or you’re currently employed, it’s never a bad idea to make yourself more employable. When you focus on improving yourself, you’ll be ready to jump on any opportunity that comes your way. You never know when the chance of a lifetime might present itself. It’s your job to be ready.
If you want to make yourself more employable, this is what you need to do:
- Build Your Web Presence – The Internet is a powerful tool. When you have a web presence, employers can find you and learn more about you.
- Enhance Your Resume – Don’t let your resume grow stagnant. A good resume will show that you’re always trying to climb the ladder.
- Believe In Yourself – Confidence is required. Don’t be your own greatest downfall.
- Push Your Comfort Zone – To get ahead, you’re going to have to do things that make you uncomfortable.
- Learn To Be Adaptable – Nothing in life is perfect. Be flexible in order to make things work.
- Dedicate Time To Networking – Get out and meet more people. The people you know are the #1 way to get ahead in life.
- Help Others – Life isn’t all about you. Go out of your way to help others. It’s a rewarding experience.
- Listen To Other People’s Advice – Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Other people have been in your position and they might know just the thing to say or do to help you.
- Get Involved – Make a point of getting involved with your community. Don’t be shy.
- Expand Your Skill Sets – Are your skills in demand? Would you be more employable if you had other skills? Never stop learning.
- Stay Positive – No matter what happens, stay positive. A positive attitude is contagious and it will help you get ahead in all aspects of life.
- Play The Part – If you want to be accepted, you need to play the part. Dress appropriately, watch your language, and mind your body language. Be the professional that you want to become.
- Proper Preparation – Take the time to prepare for the job search. Do your research and stay up-to-date on current industry trends and technology. Don’t fall behind the times.
As you can see, it’s not too hard to make yourself more employable. An investment in yourself is an investment in your future. It’s both the big things and the little things that make a difference in life. When opportunities arise, it’s your job to jump on them. Are you ready?