The world is yours to explore. You to go anywhere and do anything. There are so many natural places to see and enjoy. Why don’t you combine your passion for our planet with cool ecotourism jobs? That way you can get paid to protect and enjoy the places that you love.
Ecotourism.org defines ecotourism as “responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people, and involves interpretation and education.” This form of sustainable travel conserves natural environments and sustains local communities. Plus, it employs people like you.
Ecotourism is a major niche in the world of travel and tourism. It employs countless people around the world in really cool jobs focused on providing a positive, natural experience that focuses on conservation, education, and of course enjoyment. The key component of ecotourism is that it must benefit the environment and the local community.
Now if you love the outdoors and you truly appreciate the beauty of nature, ecotourism could be the perfect niche for you. In the ecotourism industry you might:
- Give tours of plummeting waterfalls in Costa Rica
- Support native cultures by running dog sled tours in the Yukon
- Volunteer at National Parks in rural Patagonia
- Build eco-villages in Central America
- Perform sustainable gardening work in Oregon’s wine country
- Run environmentally focused canoe trips through the boundary waters of Michigan
- Work at an organic farm in rural New Zealand
- Run glacier trips that highlight the damage of climate change
- Protect gorillas in the jungles of Africa
- Work for a non-profit that studies the forests of the world
- Take people on safari to raise awareness for endangered species
- Manage an eco-lodge in the Brazilian rainforest
Can you imagine the smile that these experiences will bring to the faces of tourists? And yourself for that matter! These jobs (and many others) truly focus on creating a sustainable future for both communities and environments. By promoting travel and tourism in these remote areas, these one off-the-beaten-path destinations are becoming tourist hotspots where the influx of people is funding conservation and raising awareness.
Ecotourism is one of the fastest growing segments of the tourism industry. Be a part of the ecotourism industry and you can make a difference, while doing something that you makes you smile. Find your dream job in the ecotourism niche and get paid to promote our planet. Find ecotourism jobs on the JobMonkey JobCenter today!