It’s a beautiful Friday morning and I can’t wait to shut down the computer and go outside! It’s supposed to turn rainy and gray on Sunday, though, so I’ve got a host of posts lined up to keep me cozy when it does. Whatever you are doing this weekend, I hope it is at least part fun and part restorative. Take a look at some of these great links when you get a chance — I think you’ll find some excellent motivation in your career search… and your life!
- The Career Hub has a nice post this week on fifteen ways to job search in uncertain times.
- I just learned about ERE this week, from Penelope Trunk (who, if you’ve been reading my blog at all know this already, I think is a great and insightful blogger… although admittedly I learn as much, if not more, from her comments section as I do from her original posts.) According to Penelope, ERE is " a great organization because they are at the cutting edge of online recruiting." So based on her glowing recommendation, I clicked on over to ere.net and found this fascinating post on Four Things to Do Right Now to Frame the Future You Want. While written to business owners, I think this post is also fraught with great advice for mapping out your personal life, especially in these insecure times.
- I know that’s been a bit of a theme in my Friday link love for the past three weeks, but I’m guessing none of us is immune from a sky-is-falling freakout now and again. When your next one hits, read this post — it’s chock-full of good, solid, reassuring advice!
- The Career Diva (AKA msnbc.com career blogger) is a new blog I’m linking to this week. Blogger Eve Tahmincioglu had a great post earlier this week explaining how the Wall Street crash is going to affect the non-trader among us.
- And finally… Each Friday, I try to link you to the best stuff I’ve found that week on how to look for a job (without losing your mind), but if you want to do your own surfing, here’s a great starting point: The top 100 career blogs, compiled by risesmart.com. Most of these goodies have an RSS feed, so you’ll definitely want to grab it!