What’s your morning routine like? For most people it starts with hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock a few times, then it’s a total rush to shower, drink coffee, walk the dog, and get out the door before you’re late. It can be hectic, but it’s also one of the most important times of the day.
Successful people start their day with a stress free morning routine. It’s a healthy way to start the day and will ultimately help you have a great day. Who wouldn’t want to be in a better mood, get more things done, and enjoy the day?
- Don’t Hit The Snooze Button – Wake up at the first buzz of your alarm.
- Don’t Check Your Phone Yet – Leave your smartphone for later.
- Stretch and Exercise – Get the blood flowing. The benefits of exercise are endless.
- Drink A Glass of Water – A single glass of water can give you a morning boost like nothing else.
- Shower – Clean up and revitalize yourself for the day.
- Visualize Your Day – Picture what you’re going to do today.
- Eat A Healthy Breakfast – Choose a breakfast that is healthy that you also enjoy.
- Have A Cup Of Coffee – Eliminate the caffeine urge if you can, but if not enjoy a cup of joe with breakfast.
- Get Some Fresh Air – It’s amazing what fresh air can do for the soul.
- Pack Your Lunch – Make sure you have something tasty packed of your mid-day meal.
- Make A To Do List – Write down what you need to accomplish today.
- Make A Plan For The Day – Besides your to-do list, how is your day going to unfold?
- Check In On Emails, Voicemail, and Social Media – Take a minute to check in. It’s important, but if it’s work-related, wait until you’re at work.
- Focus On Today – Start today with a clean slate. Don’t fret about what happened yesterday or last week.
- Smile – Go ahead and smile right now. It feels good, doesn’t it?
Try to do all of these things before breakfast every single day. If you don’t have enough time in the morning, go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. It’s not as hard as you might think. Seriously give it a try. It will boost your productivity, increase efficiency, pump up your creativity, improve your happiness, and reduce your stress. This morning routine might even make you live longer! It’s literally a life changing recipe for success.