What does your company offer in the way of benefits and perks? Non-wage employee compensations can often make the difference between a good job and completely incredible job.
When you consider your next job, don’t just look at your salary. Consider what else the employer is offering you. These benefits can add up to quite a bit. The benefits might be things that will cost you a pretty penny if they weren’t included in your employment package.
Benefits are things that can lure top applicants into taking a job. There are some standard benefits that almost all companies offer. Other benefits are a bit more unique. It’s a good idea to shop around for jobs that offer strong benefits.
Here are a list of common benefits that some companies may offer:
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Stock Options
- Scheduling Flexibility
- Relocation Assistance
- Signing Bonuses
- Day Care
Most of these benefits are standard for full time workers. There are some companies that go above and beyond the minimum benefits. These cool employers stand out from the crowd and offer their employees exceptional things. Here are a few examples of cool perks that we found via Google:
- Campbell Soup Company – On-site kindergarten and after-school programs
- Cisco Systems – Physical therapy, acupuncture, and fitness center
- General Mills – Ability to work from anywhere in the office building
- Google – Free food, bowling, bocce courts, free haircuts, free legal advice, and so much more
- Hershey Foods Corp. – Fitness center for employees, spouses, and dependents
- Boeing – 12 paid holidays between Christmas and New Years
- Johnson & Johnson – Private concierge services
- Mattel – Paid time off to go on kids’ school field trips
- Microsoft – Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Oshkosh – Free training courses to help you get promoted
- Chesapeake Energy – Indoor rock climbing wall
- 3M – Helps employees lose weight, stop smoking, and manage stress
- Southwest Airlines – Free flights
- Texas Instruments – Support for ongoing education
- Visa – Rewards employees who utilize public transportation
- Yahoo – Discounts to ski resorts and amusement parks
- New Belgium Brewing – Free case of beer per week
- Chipotle – Money toward vet insurance
- Patagonia – Pays employees to work at environmental organizations for weeks or months
- Airbnb – Dog friendly offices
- Vail Resorts – Free season passes to ski resorts
- Weebly – Unlimited Vacation Days
- McGraw Wentworth – Pickups and returns for laundry
- Amazon – Help with tuition toward in-demand careers
As you can see, some companies offer some really cool benefits! You can learn more about these benefits and other perks on Business Insider, Inc, Huffington Post, and CNN. Every company offers something. Shop around until you find a benefit package that gets you excited.
Job perks can be game changers. Which perks are you going to look for in your next job? When you consider the perks a company offers, it will make you look past the salary and job description. You have to look at the entire package.
Feel free to check out different employers on the JobMonkey Employers Directory. It may help you fine tune your job search. Always ask about perks when you sign on for a job. Benefits are perks are bound to make your life easier and happier.