Are you a smiley person? The more you smile, the better off your entire life will be. Usually, people don't have to think about smiling, it's just a natural reaction to life. But if you're not a smiley person, maybe it's time to make yourself smile a bit more.
Your face has around 44 muscles that allow for over 5,000 facial expressions. It takes less muscles to smile than to frown. When you do smile it triggers brain activity in the frontal cortex, which is where happiness is registered.
No one sees this happening. Instead smiles represent our present feelings, mental well being, personality, health, credibility, friendliness, and so much more. You facial expressions say a lot about you!
- It makes you happy, even when you're not.
- It makes other people happy. This includes your interviewer, co-workers, or boss.
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It helps to boost your attractive factor and makes you look younger.
- It strengthens your immune system.
- It improves you approachability.
- It leads to laughter.
- It can make you more likable (and more likely to land a job).
- It can ease awkward moments.
- It makes you a more positive person.
- It can make you a leader.
With just all of these benefits, you should want to smile more. But smiles are also contagious. When you smile, others will smile. Then everyone will be more positive, which makes for a healthier, happier workplace.
As you can see, there are really no negative aspects of smiling. Pay attention for the rest of the day and see how people's facial expressions truly affect you. Notice who's a smiley person and who's a frowner. How do their facial expressions affect your interactions? It's something to think about for sure.
Smiling will make you a healthier, more positive person who has a better chance of achieving more. Smile more.
One way to smile more is to find a job that you truly enjoy. You can do that on the JobMonkey Job Board.