There’s an app for just about everything – including job search apps. If you’re a proactive job seeker, you’re already a part of the mobile job search.
Mobile job searching allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to search for jobs. People are obsessed with their mobile devices. Did you know that there are over 1 billion mobile job searches every month? Are you part of that statistic?
There is more to mobile devices than just searching for jobs. There are apps. What specific apps do you use to help get ahead in the job search? There seem to be new apps that come out every day. Networking apps. Job search apps. Social media apps. Resume apps. Budgeting apps. The list is endless.
The world is overwhelmed with apps of all sorts. JobMonkey is here to help you sort through the clutter. Here are a few job search apps that every job seeker should have on their mobile device:
- Doc Scan – Do you need to scan a resume, cover letter, reference letter, or anything else? This app uses the camera’s smart phone to scan hard copies to PDFs and digital copies.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the social media of professionals. Keep your profile up-to-date on the go.
- WordPress – Are you a blogger? Keeping up with your web presence is a big task, but it needs to be done – even if you’re on vacation.
- Business Card Reader – After a networking event, your pockets are overflowing with business cards. Now your phone will take the business card info and immediately add it to your contact list. No more tediously typing in information. And no more excuses for losing people’s contact info.
- Dropbox – Upload all of your job search documents (and favorite music) and you’ll have all the necessary documents with you at all times.
- Skype – Will you be needing to make international or long distance calls for your job search? This makes it affordable.
- Interview Wow – Need a refresher about job interviews? This video based app gives you all the job interview pointers you need.
- Notepad – Jot down a quick note or copy a website so you don’t forget it.
- Mint – Do you have a budget? How are your personal finances? Are you good at money management? All of this is easy with the Mint app.
- Office – Microsoft’s legendary office suite is a must for people that need to use Excel or Word.
These are fantastic job search apps for your mobile device. There are thousands of others job search apps out there that do similar, different, or better things. Explore what’s available to you. You don’t have to break the bank either. Many of these job search apps are free. Others cost just $0.99 to buy.
Apps are making your job search easier. Take advantage of what’s out there. You’ll be glad that you did.