Are you thinking about going back to school, but you’re still on the fence? Here are some facts & figures that may just get you motivated to pursue a degree — especially one online.
- A new study has shown that the average lifetime earnings for 2-year degree holder is $1.6 million — $400,000 more than high school graduates alone are earning.
- 1 in 5 American students took at least one online class in 2008. That 4 million students doing some coursework at a “distance”.
- 10% of American post-secondary students (400,000) are enrolled in exclusively Internet-based learning. Distance learning is up across the board — for example, one Colorado-based e-school saw a 29% jump in enrollment.
- 2 our of 3 post-secondary institutions in the United States were offering some type of distance education courses — whether fully online or a blending online/brick-and-mortar option
- Remember, accreditation is key, especially when it comes to an online degree. No diploma mills! Learn more about accreditation from About.com’s Guide to Distance Learning, Jamie Littlefield.