If you love yoga, you have career options in this field that you can pursue. Finding a yoga instructor job is definitely possible, but you can also go a step further and actually open your own yoga studio!
Just because yoga is a very relaxing activity doesn’t mean that opening a yoga studio is relaxing! Actually, opening any kind of a business is a lot of hard work, but there are a number of advantages:
- As a business owner, you are the boss. You get to make the decisions to make the yoga studio of your dreams.
- By owning your own business, you have the opportunity to make money doing what you love.
- Since it is your business, you are in charge of the hiring, so you can pick your own coworkers.
Before you make the decision to open your own yoga studio consider the following questions:
- Are you financially ready to make this happen? Yoga teaches you how to release the stress you feel about money, but you do need to be in control of your finances to make it possible to open a yoga studio.
- Is there a need in your community? If there are already seven yoga studios in your neighborhood, opening another may not be a smart idea, unless you have a unique idea to fit needs that aren’t already addressed by the other businesses in the area.
- Do you have the motivation for opening a business? Yoga studios are by no means easy to own and operate, so be prepared for long hours as a business owner.
- Are you willing to make mistakes? There’s no formula to opening a business, so its inevitable that you’ll make mistakes. You have to be prepared to overcome challenges as you meet them.
Could opening your own yoga studio be right for you? If you enjoy being your own boss and making decisions and are prepared financially and emotionally for owning a business, this is definitely an option to consider!