Do you remember what life was like 10 years ago? Life has changed so much in a single decade. Technology has a been a major force in changing the way we approach life. It’s changed the way we do just about everything – including what types of jobs are available.
The digital experience has completely enhanced the way the world operates. Here are a few cool e-careers that didn’t exist 10 years ago:
- Social Media Manager – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Yelp, and hundreds of other social media platforms exist that allow you to stay in touch with the world. At nearly every company, someone is paid to manage those communication outlets.
- App Developer – There is an app for just about everything. Someone is coding those apps, marketing them, and making a bundle of money.
- User Experience Designer – Success is a factor of experience. UX designers focus on the end user experience and how people interact with today’s technology.
- SEO Specialist – If you want to be at the top of the search results, you need to have SEO skills. From keywords to title tags, this job requires you to be a master of the ever-changing search engine optimization.
- Ethical Hacker – How secure is your company? Website? Credit card? Ethical hackers get paid to beat the system and identify vulnerability in technology.
- Video Game Player – Yes, people make a living by playing video games. If you’re creative, you can learn to monetize games like EverQuest, Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, and countless others.
- Reputation Manager – The world relies on the Internet for information. Reputation Managers make sure that the good stuff is easy to find and the negative things are easily overlooked.
- Blogger – It’s easy to make your own blog and it’s highly recommended as it helps to boost your web presence. Do it right and blogging can easily replace your 9 to 5 job.
- Drone Operator – This is a unique niche. People get paid to fly drones, or unmanned aerial systems, for a variety of missions.
- YouTube Stars – YouTube will pay you for your videos. If you get enough views, you can make a living by creating and posting videos.
These e-careers are some of the coolest jobs around. They have prospered because of the technology boom. People are more focused on user experience and the digital world now than ever before. Now is a great time to be alive because technology is constantly opening new doors.
Here’s the big question – what types of jobs will there be in 10 years? Tell us in the comments below.