Are you an animal lover? Why not find a job where you get to work with animals every day? There are lots of very cool careers where you get paid to be hands-on with creatures both big and small.
Here are some of the best jobs for animal lovers. Which one would you choose?
- Wildlife Rehabilitator – Sometimes wild animals get injured. Wildlife Rehabilitators work with these animals in reproduced natural environments to help the animals recover. They care for the animal until it can reenter the world.
- Zookeeper – When was the last time you were at the zoo? Watching the animals is exciting, but what’s more interesting is working with them. That’s the job of a zookeeper. Zookeepers tend to animals, educate the public, and get to work with all of the animals that you see at the zoo.
- Vet Tech – If you’ve ever been to a vet clinic, you’ve met a vet tech. Vet techs assist veterinarians with simple procedures – administrating meds, trimming nails, obtaining health history, and lots more. They work with all sorts of different animals – dogs, cats, gerbils, snakes, horses – and can make up to $50,000 per year!
- Animal Groomer – Making sure animals are looking their finest is big business. Animal groomers clean and groom animals (mostly dogs) to ensure they look their best for their owners. This is a gig where you can work just about anywhere.
- Wildlife Biologist – Do wild animals make you curious? There are lots of jobs, especially with the government, for wildlife biologists. This jobs gets you out in the wilderness learning and observing wild animals. From bears to birds, this exciting niche is a good one for animal lovers.
- Dog Walker – Many dog owners are too busy to walk their dogs. This is a big opportunity for you to take their dogs out for some exercise. It’s fun, rewarding, and is an easy way to make some money.
This is only a partial list of cool jobs for animal lovers. Learn more about working with animals on JobMonkey. Or if you’re already convinced, then start your animal job search on JobMonkeyJobs right now!