A college degree isn’t necessary to find a high paying job. It may sound like a myth, but it’s totally true. Don’t let the rising costs of education make you settle for a low paying job. As long as you know where to look, you’ll be able to find plenty of high paying jobs that do not require a degree.
We recently stumbled upon an article titled The 35 Highest-Paying Jobs You Can Get Without A Bachelor’s Degree on Business Insider. As you can imagine, this post immediately caught our attention.
The following list of jobs is taken directly from Business Insider. These jobs only require a high school diploma or a two-year associate degree. They all have a median annual salary of at least $55,000.
In our list you’ll see the job title and the median annual salary. Visit BusinessInsider.com to find a job description, education requirements, projected job openings through 2022, and on the job training information.
Here are the 35 highest paying jobs that do not require a degree:
- Air Traffic Controllers – $122,530
- Radiation Therapists – $77,560
- Elevator Installers and Repairers – $76,650
- Nuclear Reactor Operators – $74,990
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators – $74,300
- Commercial Pilots – $73,280
- Power Distributors and Dispatchers – $71,690
- Dental Hygienists – $70,210
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists – $70,180
- First Line Supervisors Of NonRetail Sales Workers – $70,060
- Farmer, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers – $69,300
- Nuclear Technicians – $69,060
- Funeral Service Directors – $66,720
- Power Plant Operators – $66,130
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers – $65,860
- Registered Nurses – $65,470
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists – $65,360
- Gaming Managers – $65,220
- Transportation Inspectors – $63,680
- Electrical Power Line Installers and Repairers – $63,250
- Postmasters and Mail Superintendents – $63,050
- Subway and Streetcar Operators – $62,730
- Web Developers – $62,500
- Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers – $61,850
- Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians – $61,530
- Gas Plant Operators – $61,140
- First Line Supervisors Of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers – $60,250
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators – $59,960
- First Line Supervisors Of Construction Trades And Extraction Workers – $59,700
- Computer Network Support Specialists – $59,090
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products – $58,760
- Real Estate Brokers – $58,350
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians – $57,850
- First Line Supervisors Of Correctional Officers – $57,840
- Boilermakers – $56,560
Which of these high paying jobs that do not require a degree will you add to your job search list? They are all excellent options that you should pursue.
Learn more about these high paying jobs that do not require a degree and other cool jobs on the JobMonkey Industry Guides. If you want to find one of these jobs, start your job search on the JobMonkey JobCenter today.