The holidays are only a few months away. Companies are preparing for the biggest season of the year by hiring thousands of people for holiday jobs. If you need a job, this is your opportunity. There are so many cool jobs during the holiday rush – being Santa Claus, swiping credit cards at retail stores, and delivering packages are just a few of the exciting holiday job options available for people like you.
According to Challenger, Gray, & Christmas, retailers may add up to 800,000 seasonal workers for the holiday boom. That’s the highest in several years. The economy is looking up and both people and companies are optimistic for a big season. One key to making this holiday season successful is to fill those holiday jobs.
Seasonal hiring is a unique opportunity for people to find holiday jobs. It’s a fantastic chance to get your foot in the door of a cool company. Once you’re working for a company, it’s easy to prove you’re a hard worker. Seasonal work is known to lead to full time, year-round jobs. Here are some tips to turn short term jobs into full time careers. Apply for a holiday job and it might be the first exciting step to a cool career.
The holiday jobs boom has been all over the news lately. It seems like every single day there is a new headline about who’s hiring. Here are some of the recent holiday jobs headlines that caught our attention:
- Need A Job? Seasonal Hiring Provides New Opportunities
- UPS Expects To Hire Up To 95,000 Seasonal Workers
- Retailers Hiring The Most Employees For The Holidays
- FedEx To Add 50,000 Seasonal Jobs To Aid Holiday Deliveries
- Santa’s Helpers: More Holiday Jobs This Year
- Now Hiring: The USPS Is Looking For Seasonal Workers
- Toys ‘R’ Us Hiring 45,000 This Holiday Season, More Than Doubling Its US Workforce
- Holiday Hiring Has Already Begun
- Walmart Hiring Holiday Workers
- Macy’s, Inc. To Hire 86,000 Seasonal Associates in 2014
- 800,000 Seasonal Jobs Up For Grabs: Here’s Who’s Hiring
As you can see there are plenty of holiday job opportunities available this holiday season. From retailers to delivery services to online stores, companies like US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, Macy’s, and Amazon are hiring people like you. According to MoneyTalksNews, these retailers are hiring the most seasonal employees:
- Macy’s – 86,000
- Target – 70,000
- Kohl’s – 67,000
- Walmart – 60,000
- Toys ‘R’ US – 45,000
- JC Penny – 35,000
- GameStop – 25,000
Take advantage of this hiring frenzy. Companies from all over the country are keen to hire. All you have to do is apply. It may only be October, but companies are ready for your application. Are you ready to find holiday jobs?
Start your holiday jobs search on the JobMonkey Job Board right now!