Happy Wednesday! This week has flown by so far, although I did find it a bit hard to get back to work on Monday after that nice, long holiday weekend. Hope you enjoyed yourself on Independence Day!
As you probably know by now, Wednesday at the JobMonkey is Hot Jobs day.
That’s when I spotlight three of the hottest new job leads posted at the JobMonkey Job Center. If you are looking for a new job, the Job Center is a great first stop. We have hundreds of job openings around the country and the world, in every imaginable field. Pus, the service is completely free to job seekers, so check the Job Center early — and often!
This week, in honor of the heat wave we are having this week, I am spotlighting ski jobs. I figured it might help to “think cool”. I also got the idea to focus on jobs at ski resorts from our Reader Mailbag last Thursday. An Austrian reader wrote in to ask about finding employment at a ski lodge as a foreign worker. There is a ton of great information in that post that pertains both to potential foreign workers and to would-be ski resort employees, so be sure to check it out. And, if you want to learn more about working at a ski lodge, be sure to visit JobMonkey’s extensive section on Ski Resort Jobs.
1. Adult Snowboard Instructor, The Canyons Ski Area, Park City, UT
The Canyons Ski Area is seeking a full and part-time instructor for adult snowboarders. Both full and part-time employees must be willing to work on Sundays. Instructors will provide fun and informative instruction to guests of all ages, in both group and private lesson environments. The instructor must be able to explain programs, services, policies, schedules and rates to customers, while maintaining positive public relations at all times. Candidates must be physically able to work in inclement weather and have at least one year of snowboard instructing experience, or advanced riding ability combined with the willingness and demonstrated aptitude to learn snowboarding instructing. Also required are AASI Level I Certification with ACE Level I Certification, or equivalent international certification.
2. Children’s Instructor, Beaver Creek Resort, Beaver Creek, CO
The Beaver Creek Resort is looking for ski and snowboard instructors to provide safe and fun instruction for groups and individual children and their families. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or the equivilant. PSIA/AASI certification is preferred, but not required. Applicants must also have experience working with pre-school aged children and advanced skiing or riding ability, including the ability to ski parallel turns with speed control on groomed black terrain. International applicants are welcome to apply, but all must have the ability to communicate well in English.
3. Various Mountain Operations Jobs, Heavenly Mountain Resort, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Heavenly Mountain Resort is currently recruiting its Mountain Operations positions for winter 2009/2010 staff. Positions include:
- Life operators for the chair lift and surface lift. These positions require attentive teamwork to load and unload passengers safely and prevent damage to the equipment. Applicants must be able and willing to work outdoors in inclement weather and extremely cold temperatures. Mechanical experience is preferred.
- Aerial Tram operators to operate and attend the tram cars, and to answer guest questions about the Lake Tahoe area. Lift attendant experience or mechanical background is helpful. Applicants must have good people skills and be committed to machinery safety.
Good luck with your job applications!