When you need job search advice, where do you go? Hopefully you immediately think of JobMonkey, but there is an endless supply of websites and blogs devoted to the job search and the world of jobs online.
We often browse the Internet looking for great resources that we can share with you via our newsletters or via our link love posts. Here are a few that we stumbled upon recently. Be sure to add them to your reading list this week. Enjoy this addition of link love…
- Living In: The World’s Happiest Places – @ BBC Travel – Sunshine Flint from the BBC takes an in-depth look at the World Happiness Report to find the happiest places in the world. If you want to be happy, why not live in one of these places?
- The World’s 10 Wackiest Museums – @ Matador Network – The Museum of Bad Art, the Cockroach Hall of Fame, and the Museum of Witchcraft are only a few of the museums that made the list. In this post, Carlos Alcos looks at the weird world of museums. You’ll be amazed at what exists out there. You can also head over to JobMonkey to learn more about museum jobs.
- You’re Worth It! How To Ask For A Raise – @ Goodwill – Do you wish you could get a raise? Are you afraid to ask for one? Goodwill offers a helping hand to show you how to ask for a raise. Good luck!
- The Best Restaurant Chains To Work For – @ Main Street – It’s amazing how many people work in the food industry. Now, you can find out which restaurants are the best ones to work for. Any guesses as to which restaurant is considered to be the best employer?
- You Won’t Believe How Scary These Resumes Are – @ Pure Jobs – We all know how important your resume is for your job search. Whatever you do, try to avoid sending off resumes like these. Yikes!
- What You Need In Order To Start Blogging – @ Subtle Cues – Breanna over at Subtle Cues wrote a great post about blogging. Blogging is one of the best ways to boost your web presence, establish yourself as an expert, or make some additional income. Here’s what you need to start.
If you like these awesome links, be sure to sign up for the JobMonkey Newsletter where we share Employment Headlines every Saturday. We’ll also have another link love post in the near future, so stay tuned.
Take advantage of everything that the Internet has to offer. There are plenty of job search resources out there that you can learn from. Be sure to tell us what you find in the comments below. We’re always keen to find great new links so please share!