It’s not a pleasant feeling when people don’t like you. Even people who don’t seem to care about anything, still want people to like them. How about you? Do you want people to like you?
It’s an art to make people like you. You need to be a genuine, positive, thoughtful person. People like that. Below we have 14 tips on how to make people like you.
- Talk About The Other Person – Most people enjoy talking about themselves. If you can get other people to talk about themselves a good conversation will be effortless.
- Be Positive – Positivity is contagious. People ultimately want to be positive. Try to help them with that.
- Get Advice – Tap into the other person’s expertise. It makes them feel important and helpful.
- Show Genuine Interest – Being genuine is an important trait.
- Ask Questions – Questions are one of the best way to keep a conversation flowing. It will show you are interested and it will generate new things to talk about. Asking questions is a great thing to do when you feel awkward.
- Note Your Body Language – Body language speaks volumes about how you really feel. You can learn more about body language here.
- Dress For Success – What you wear will directly reflect on who you are. Your image is a key component to how people feel about you. Be sure to wear the appropriate clothing in your social circles.
- Be Enthusiastic – This one goes along with positivity. If you are excited to do things, people will enjoy doing them with you.
- Smile – A simple smile goes a long way. When you smile, so do other people. There is some evidence that suggests that smiling improves your mood. Smile more.
- Listen – Being a great listener is skill. People don’t just speak to exercise their tongues, they want you to hear what they have to say. Listen up. People will appreciate it.
- Relax – Don’t stress out. Relaxing in any situation is a great way to show that you feel comfortable with someone.
- Make People Feel Useful – Asking for a favor can create a personal bond with a person.
- Remember Their Name – It means a lot when someone remembers your name. It’s a tough skill to master, but if you can do it people will really respect that.
- Give Compliments – Make a point to give people compliments. It’s a nice way to generate conversation. Plus, it makes people feel special.
Even when you use these foolproof tips, it’s impossible to make everyone like you. No matter who you are, there are always times when your personality will clash with someone else’s. Don’t let it bother you.
Experiment with these tips. Use a bit of trial and error to see what works for you and what doesn’t. You’ll be surprised with your results. When you can make people like you, it will help you boost your contacts, build your network, increase your number of friends, and potentially open lots of doors. The more people you can make like you, the better.