Whenever we see an article about The Best Places To Work, we immediately click on it. It’s always fascinating to find out what companies topped the charts. A variety of sources compile lists like this ever year, but the one list that we always look forward is OutsideOnline.com’s annual list of the 100 Best Places To Work.
OutsideOnline.com’s list is one of our favorites because they highlight cool companies that you might not have heard of yet. Their list of “100 finalists showcases companies that make employee health and happiness a point of pride.” Based on OutsideOnline’s consistently cool content, we feel that their list of the best places to work meshes well with our audience at JobMonkey.com – that’s you.
In OutsideOnline’s Best Places To Work In 2016, you’ll find all sort of cool companies that do cool things. These employers are a bit out of the ordinary because they strive to make the workplace an exciting, healthy, happy, creative, and fun place to be. Find a job with one of these cool employers and you might have fridge stocked with beer, team-building hikes, profit sharing opportunities, spa days, ski passes, dog friendly offices, flexible work hours, or any number of cool things that anyone one of us would be envious of.
Let’s take a look at The Best Places To Work in 2016 according to OutsideOnline.com:
- Forum Phi – Aspen, Colorado
- GroundFloor Media – Denver, Colorado
- Southwest Michigan First – Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Ergodyne – St. Paul, Minnesota
- Shine United – Madison, Wisconsin
- TeamSnap – Boulder, Colorado
- Causely – Lexington, Kentucky
- Development Counsellors International – New York, New York
- Uproar PR – Orlando, Florida
- Pellucid Analytics – Boulder, Colorado
- ReadyTalk – Denver, Colorado
- GeoEx – San Francisco, California
- The Trade Desk – New York & Chicago
- Charles Cunniffe Architects – Aspen, Colorado
- Zen Planner – Denver, Colorado
- The Frontier Project – Richmond, Virginia
- Realeflow – Parma Heights, Ohio
- Inntopia – Stowe, Vermont
- Hanson Dodge Creative – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Nemo Design – Portland, Oregon
- Cloud 9 Living – Broomfield, Colorado
- Mountain Hub – Park City, Utah
- Evoke at Entrada – Santa Clara, Utah
- Ecology Project International – Missoula, Montana
- Avid4 Adventure – Boulder, Colorado
- Zozi – San Francisco, California
- Room 214 – Boulder, Colorado
- Apto – Denver, Colorado
- SlideBelts – Sacramento, California
- N2 Publishing – Wilmington, North Carolina
- RA Nelson – Vail, Colorado
- Wisetail – Bozeman, Montana
- Carmichael Lynch – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Colle + McVoy – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Sterling-Rice Group – Boulder, Colorado
- TDA Boulder – Boulder, Colorado
- Haberman – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Alaska Small Business Development Center – Anchorage, Alaska
- BSW Wealth Partners – Boulder, Colorado
- The Honest Kitchen – San Diego, California
- Nei-Turner Media Group – Williams Bay, Wisconsin
- Go Ape – Frederick, Maryland
- G Adventures – Boston, Massachusetts
- StoneAge – Durange, Colorado
- Dry Corp – Wilmington, North Carolina
- Bluetent – Carbondale, Colorado
- Adaptive Sports Center – Crested Butte, Colorado
- SimplyHome – Asheville, North Carolina
- SheerID – Eugene, Oregon
- SportRX – San Diego, California
These companies operate in a wide variety of niches: PR, communications, travel agencies, architectural firms, consulting businesses,, IT, summer camps, treetop adventure companies, consumer products, technology, cloud marketing, brewer associations, ski resorts, wilderness associations, background check companies, dog gear makers, outdoor gear makers, shared economy, etc.
Most of these companies are relatively small businesses. When you’re searching for jobs and researching employers, it’s a good idea to look at smaller companies that have a reputation for taking care of their employees. If you’d prefer to work at one of the best small, medium, or large companies you’ll want to check out this post.
We also noticed that of the 50 companies featured in this post, 18 out of 50 are located in Colorado. Maybe you should search for jobs in Colorado!
Stop by OutsideOnline.com to learn more about these businesses and get links to the company websites. Take a good look at this list of companies and put these employers on your job search radar. You can find cool companies like these that are hiring right now on the JobMonkey JobCenter. Apply for your next cool job today!