Amusement parks or theme parks are entertainment destinations. Designed for people of all ages, amusement parks feature thrill rides, shows, events, restaurants, and other attractions. What you might not know is that amusement parks are hiring people like you for the busy summer season.
According to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), there are over 400 amusement parks in the US and approximately 300 amusement parks in Europe. This $55+ billion industry provides entertainment to millions of thrill seeking guests every year. And they do it by employing millions of people just like you with full time and part time jobs.
We’ve been scanning recent employment headlines and have seen all sorts of news articles about amusement park jobs. Here are a handful that you should check out:
- Sesame Place Looking To Fill 800 Jobs
- Kings Dominion Seeking 1,700 Workers For 2016 Season
- Sony Indoor Theme Park Adjacent To Water Park Planned For Albertville
- Need A Job? Carowinds Hiring 4,000 Workers
- Legoland Theme Park Will Pay To Play With Their Lego Toys, College Degree Not Required
- Six Flags Hosting Job Fairs; 4,000 Seasonal Jobs Available At Park
- UK Theme Parks Start Recruitment For 2016
When you find a job at an amusement park, you may work as a costume character, bartender, roller coaster ride operator, games ambassador, ride engineer, administrator, security guards, gardeners, or any number of other cool positions. Whatever you do it’s a fun workplace where you get to enjoy the entertaining world of amusement parks every day.
As you start your search for amusement park jobs? Here are some cool employers that you should consider:
- Disney Parks and Resorts
- Hershey Entertainment and Resorts
- Jungle Island
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Great Wolf Resorts
- Merlin Entertainment Group
- NBC Universal
- SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment
- Six Flags
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Sesame Place
- Cedar Point
- Silverwood Theme Park
- Discover Even More Theme Park Employers
Do your research. Some amusement park jobs offer housing, others offer perks and benefits, and some open up doors to full time, year-round employment. There are jobs and internships with cool amusement park employers both in the US and abroad. This could be the perfect starting point for your cool career – or a great way to find work abroad.