Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines success as “the fact of getting or achieving wealth, respect, or fame.” By that definition, are you successful?
We think that’s a tough definition. We found a cool post from Business Insider where they have famous people define success. Here are some of their responses:
- Basketball coach John Wooden defines success a “peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.”
- Author Maya Angelou defines success as “liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
- Politician Winston Churchill defines success as “going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
We find these definitions more relatable. Hit up BI to learn how Richard Branson, Thomas Edison, Deepak Chopra, and others define success. You may also be interested to learn how successful people start their day.
Now that we have a better understanding of what success is, how do you become successful? It’s important to develop the right habits in all aspects of your life – business, jobs, social, health, life. Here are 14 secrets to success that will help you be successful at everything.
- Keep Your Promises – Do what you say you are going to do.
- Be A Leader – Do the things you want others to do.
- Learn From Your Failures – Don’t let failures get you down. Learn from your mistakes and do better next time.
- Honesty Is The Best Policy – Always tell the truth. Lying only gets you in trouble.
- Excel At Your Strengths – Find what you’re good at and do that.
- Focus – Focus your energy on the task at hand. Don’t let your mind wander and you’ll accomplish more.
- Develop Yourself – Build the skills and education you need to excel. An investment in yourself will go a long ways.
- Set Goals – Goal setting is an important component to keeping your eyes on the prize.
- Be Confident – Confidence is always required. Learn how to be more confident and you’ll see results.
- Stay Flexible – If you hit a road bump, be able to adjust and adapt.
- Follow Your Passion – If you are passionate about what you do, it won’t feel like work. Discover 21 jobs that don’t feel like work.
- Be A Hard Worker – Strive to be the best at what you do. Work hard at all times.
- Follow Through With Your Ideas – If you have a brilliant idea, see where it takes you.
- Don’t Stop – Even when you feel like you’ve peaked, you can still improve at what you do. Never stop learning, exploring, or improving.
These habits will bring you peace of mind and respect. Stay actively engaged in your pursuits. Never give up in your pursuit of success and never let your failures bring you down. If you embrace these 14 habits into your life, you will be successful at everything – including your job.
Now, it’s up to you to go out and be successful. Good luck.