Are you in the middle of a job search? If you’re a job seeker, here are some words to live by. These inspirational and motivational quotes were once spoken by presidents, philosophers, actors, surfers, generals, musicians, entrepreneurs, authors, athletes, leaders, and even Chuck Norris. Hopefully their snippets of wise wisdom will serve to help you focus your job search, find motivation, take a leap of faith, reassess your failures, evaluate your own successes, or just smile.
6 Reasons Why It’s Important To Follow Your Dreams
We know what it’s like to be searching for a job, hopefully you can bookmark this page and use it as a source of inspiration for your job search. Pick one quote a day or read them all right now. These are words to live by.
Here are 28 quotes for job seekers:
- “If you can DREAM it, you can DO it.” – Walt Disney
- “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – General George Patton
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your two ears.” – Laird Hamilton
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
- “Getting fired is nature’s way of telling you that you had the wrong job in the first place.” – Hal Lancaster
- “A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.” – Chuck Norris
- “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
- “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” – Confucius
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it.” – Katharine Whitehorn
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, then build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.” – Author Unknown
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open.” – Bob Marley
- “Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.” – George Lucas
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
Which quote is your favorite? Remember these quotes during your job search. If you find other cool quotes for job seekers, stop by and tell us. Best of luck in your job search!
16 Career Advice Books That Every Job Seeker Must Read
Most of these quotes for job seekers were found in multiple places such as The Muse, PayScale, Forbes, and Careerealism. Visit those websites to find other cool quotes that will inspire you.