Everyone has heard the phrase, time is money. There’s no doubt about it, time is incredibly valuable, but how much is your time worth?
Time is a finite resource. It’s impossible to get more time. We are all given the same amount of time every day. It’s essential that we manage our time and we don’t waste it. No one wants to be so busy that we can’t enjoy life. There has to be a balance between time and money, but how do we put a dollar value on our time?
“Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bil Keane
So how much is your time worth? ClearerThinking.org developed an in-depth survey for you to find out. We highly encourage you to take their survey to determine how much your time is worth. It may take a few minutes to complete, but it will provide valuable insights that will ultimately help you make better life decisions.
By placing a value on your time, it can help you make important choices, such as:
- Is it worth working overtime or should you enjoy your free time?
- Should you purchase a more expensive direct flight vs. a cheaper flight with layovers that takes 5 hours longer?
- Is it worth paying for extra shipping or is it better to drive across town to buy a less expensive product?
- Should you find a shared a economy job to make more money?
- Is it better to eat in or eat out?
- Should you pay someone to mow your lawn or do it yourself?
- Is it better to fill up your car with fuel here or across town?
- Do you need to make more money?
- Is it ok to take more time off of work?
Life is a balancing act. We all have to make decisions on how to live our lives. For some driven people they will work non-stop to earn money. Others would rather enjoy their free time. It’s all a trade off. Learning time management is an essential skill to master.
“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” ~ William Penn
Take the survey to determine how much your time is worth. When you know the answer to how much is your time worth? it will change the way you live your life.