Do you dread going to work each day? Do you wake up in the morning hating your job? Maybe it’s time to think about quitting.
Quitting your job isn’t a bad thing. In fact, it may be the best thing you ever do. If you hate what you’re doing, why would you do it? Life’s too short to waste your time.
If you think you should quit your job right now, take a deep breath. Do you suffer from any of the following signs?
- You’re Not Challenged – If a monkey could do your job, it might be time to move on. Find something that challenges you and work will feel more rewarding.
- Lack of Inspiration And Boredom – If you’re not excited about work, a single hour at the office can feel like an eternity. Find something you enjoy and work will be fun. Imagine that…
- You’ve Said You’re Going To Quit Every Day For A Year – If quitting is something you threaten on a daily basis, it’s time to do it. Don’t let a terrible job hold you back from your dreams.
- Lack of Growth – Being in a dead-end job is extremely frustrating. Try to find something where raises, promotions, and growth are a realistic opportunity.
- You Know You’re Going To Be Fired – Did you make a fool of yourself at the office holiday party? Did you reply all one too many times? Are you destined to get canned? If you know your downfall is inevitable, quit first before you can be fired.
- STRESS! – Stress is unhealthy. If you’re working 100+ hour weeks or are swamped in deadlines you can’t handle, consider a change of pace. Reducing stress can make life so much more enjoyable.
- All You Do Is Work – Are family vacations, sleeping in, or lazy Sundays only a fantasy? Have you seen your family or your dog this year? Maybe it’s time to cut back and find a job that offers a bit of work life balance.
- Horrible Bosses or Mean-Spirited Co-Workers – It’s not just a movie. Horrible bosses really do exist. So do awful co-workers If you’re surrounded by office staff that is a like a terrible nightmare that’s out to get you, head over to the job board now.
- Wish You Were Doing Something Else – Are you constantly day dreaming of skiing, surfing, the stock market, real estate, video games, or far flung locales? Start researching ways to get paid to do what you love. You’ll be happier and your happiness is super important.
Do you recognize any of these signs? Is now the time to quit your job? Don’t quit in a blaze of glory and burn all of your bridges. Be sure to quit your job gracefully. Do a bit of soul searching, consider your finances, think about what you really want to do, and think about the consequences before you pull the plug. Are you really ready?
We’re not telling you to quit your job today. Quitting a job is a major decision that deserves some major consideration. If you do quit you job, head over to JobMonkey because we have some great resources and industry guides to help you decide what you’re going to do next.
You can always what else is available out there on the JobMonkey Job Board. Maybe you want to work in the maritime industry, volunteer in Ecuador, be a radio host in Texas, design video games in London, chase the endless winter as a ski instructor, or find a job that allows you to work from home. The world is yours to do what you want.
There are options out there and JobMonkey wants to help you find the best one for you. Good luck!