Did you know that approximately 80% of people hate their jobs? It’s unfortunate, but true. When it comes to jobs, it’s important to choose wisely.
Most people spend about a third of their day at work. If you don’t like what you do or where you work, you’ll be on the fast track to burnout. What people don’t realize is that it is totally possible to enjoy your job. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
The secret is to find the right job for you. How do you know if you have the right job for you? You’ll start to notice that:
- You’re excited to wake up in the morning
- You enjoy what you do at work
- You consider your job to be fun
- You’re always happy
- You find that time flies by
- You have coworkers who are your friends
- You have a positive attitude
- You’re motivated to do big things
- You find that Mondays aren’t the slowest day of the week
- You see that other people envy your job
- You want your company to be successful
- You will smile more
- You take pride in what you do
- You know that life is good
No job is totally perfect. Work is work. People always like to think that the grass is greener on the other side – meaning that some other job is their magic ticket to happiness. Take a look at the signs and really consider if you already have the right job for you. You might surprise yourself.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. – Confucius
If you’re an unhappy, grumpy, apathetic, overwhelmed, goal-less complainer who’s ashamed of your work, isn’t overly committed, and you feel like you’re stuck in a dead in job without any career growth… well maybe it’s time to reassess your job situation. If so, JobMonkey is here to help. Learn about alternative cool jobs on the JobMonkey Industry Guides or start your job search on the JobMonkey JobCenter.
Whatever happens, find the right job for you. When you do, everything will be better.