Women are a major part of the US workforce. A few facts from the Women’s Bureau will definitely impress you. Did you know that of the 123 million women over age 16 in the US, 72 million were an active part of the work force? Women make up 47% of the total US work force. That number is expected to grow to over 50% by 2018.
The highest paying job niche for women is Physicians and Surgeons. Women also make up 51.5% of all workers in high paying positions such as registered nurses, teachers, health services managers, psychologists, and other cool jobs. Without hard working women our economy would totally flop. Check out some more eye popping stats here.
After seeing these stats, we starting wondering what are the best jobs for women? We scoured a variety of websites and articles from Cosmpolitan, Forbes, CareerCast, and other websites to compile a list of some of the best jobs for women. The results are a mishmash of high paying jobs, niches with flexible hours, and other cool careers. Obviously we couldn’t list all of the cool jobs for women, but here are a handful:
- Reputation Manager – Web presence is a huge factor for any business. Reputation Managers help company’s manage their reputations via social media and websites. They typically make $58,000 per year.
- Landscape Architect – Designing and building incredible outdoor spaces is a hot niche right now – especially when you can make $62,000 per year.
- Physician’s Assistant – PAs get to work directly with patients. They don’t have to go to med school and they still make $77,000 per year.
- Group Personal Trainer – If you’re looking for flexible hours and constant work outs, getting a fitness job is one of the best options. Personal trainers usually make $31,000 per year.
- Nurse Anesthetist – This high paying health care career provide anesthetics for surgeries, obstetrics, and trauma emergencies. Nurse anesthetists usually makes over $150,000 per year.
- Pharmacist – Nearly everyone will need a prescription filled at some point. Pharmacists dispense drugs and can find work in every town and city. Pharmacists can make over $90,000 per year.
- Software Developer – Technology is everywhere and a software developer has helped to create every app, website, program, and screen that you use. They can make over $71,000 per year.
- Physical Therapist – When you get hurt, a physical therapist helps to get your body back into tip-top shape. This profession can make around $67,000 per year.
- Speech Language Pathologist – This cool job helps people develop their language skills. They can easily pull in over $60,000 per year.
- ESL Instructor – Do you want to help people learn English? This is a great niche that can pay up to $47,000 per year. You can even work online with websites like Skimatalk.com.
- Interior Designer – Do you have an eye for design? A talented interior designer can expect to make around $46,000 per year.
All of these jobs would be excellent career choices for both men or women. They cover a wide variety of industries. From healthcare to technology to personal fitness, there are plenty of cool jobs for women – and this list is just scratching the surface. You can find any job you want, as long as it pays the bills and makes you happy.
Why not start your cool job search on the JobMonkey Job Board? Commit to the job search today and you might find yourself employed in one of these cool jobs in the near future!