Do you wish you were smarter? Everyone does. The Washington Post defines intelligence as “our ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.” An increased intelligence impresses people, helps you stay motivated, and makes you a smarter person. Plus, it will certainly help you with your job search.
If you can boost your intelligence, the benefits are superb. It’s totally possible to boost your intelligence, it just takes a little bit of focus to exercise your brain. No one can become more intelligent overnight, but with the right training regiment you can boost your intelligence over time.
We found an awesome post on LifeHack called “If You Do These 20 Things Every Day, You’ll Become Smarter.” It inspired us to share these ten ways to boost your intelligence:
- Experience New Things – What you do makes you who you are. Take a new route to the store. Bike to work. Travel. Order something off the menu you’ve never heard of. Read a new magazine. Experience will broaden your horizons. It allows your brain to grasp new concepts.
- Pursue Education – Education is one of the best ways to learn new things. Most people don’t have time to go back to school, but with the free education potential of the Internet, your learning options are endless.
- Watch The News – The world is a busy place. Get in the habit of reading or watching the news everyday. You’ll be amazed at what you learn, plus it will boost your conversation abilities.
- Read Books – Reading is the most basic form of exercise for the brain. Reading can take you to fantasy worlds, teach you a foreign language, allow you to experience history, learn new words, or get lost in a captivating story. Everyone should read more.
- Challenge Yourself – Don’t get stuck in the doldrums of life. Push your comfort levels. If everything is easy, you’ll be bored. Challenge your self physically, mentally, and emotionally. You might surprise yourself with how much you can really accomplish.
- Boost Creativity – Creativity allows the mind to go to new places. Write. Paint. Draw. Don’t let society trap you. Explore the limitless options of creativity. Then take that creativity and apply it to the “boring” aspects of your life.
- Engage In Conversation – Every person has a story. Even if you find it challenging, talk to other people. Sharing life experiences can be inspiring, motiving, and fascinating. It can also open your mind up to new viewpoints, opinions, and niches. Ask questions. Engage others. Listen.
- Explain What You Know – If you can explain something concisely and simply, it means you truly understand it. Explaining your new found knowledge will help you master it.
- Exercise – There is a direct link between intelligent people and people who exercise regularly. Take the time to get outside and boost your heart rate every day. Exercise is a great way to change your stress levels, metabolism, concentration, energy levels, and so much more. The benefits of exercise are endless.
- Eat A Healthy Diet – You are what you eat. Eat a healthy diet and see how it makes you feel. Getting the proper nutrients will make a noticeable difference in the way you feel, act, and appear. There are even certain foods that will boost your brain power.
You won’t gain mental superpowers by doing these things, but you will boost your intelligence. All of these things are interrelated. Take these tips and try them for a month. Stick to it until they become habits. During the process, you’ll get both a physical and mental boost.
There is no instant gratification when you’re trying to boost your intelligence, but it is totally possible to boost your intelligence if you are determined to make it happen. Good luck.