What’s the best way to stand out amongst the job search competition? One thing that can give you the edge is to follow a few basic job search etiquette tips. Whether you’re networking, sending in applications, going to interviews, or writing emails, you need to be on your best behavior at all times.
If your job search needs a little boost, apply the following job search etiquette tips and you’ll start to see results. Trust us. These tips will definitely get you one step closer to becoming gainfully employed. These are simple things to do as long as you remember to do them!
Apply these job search etiquette tips to your job search if you want to find a job:
- Dial in your handshake.
- Always write handwritten thank you notes.
- Dress appropriately for any and all job search functions.
- Do what you say you’re going to do.
- Be timely.
- Mind your online presence.
- Pay the bill at any meeting.
- Don’t waste anyone’s time.
- Use proper file types and names.
- Never interrupt anyone.
- Be aware of your body language.
- Remember people’s name.
- Be positive and smile regardless of how you really feel inside.
- Keep your phone on silent.
- Look people in the eye.
- Use a professional email address.
- Give your references notice that you’ve provided their names.
- Be polite.
- Listen to what others have to say.
- Communicate via phone, email, or face-to-face whenever necessary.
- Always be a professional.
Proper job search etiquette is essential in the modern day job search. People will take notice of your job search etiquette and it really will make a difference in your job hunt and in your life.
Always apply these job search etiquette tips to your job search. But also take it one step further and follow these general guidelines in all avenues of life. Good behavior and proper manners will take you far and help you achieve great things. Best of luck in your job hunt.