If you’re a bookworm, why don’t you focus your job search on jobs for book lovers?
Reading is one of the best things you can do for your mind. It’s like mental exercise. According to Lifehack.org, reading helps to stimulate your brain, reduce stress, boost knowledge, expand vocabulary, improve memory, enhance focus and concentration, improve writing skills, and do many other things too. Is it time to grab a good book to read or better yet find a job that involves books and reading? We think so.
Getting lost in a good book is the perfect form of escapism. As George R.R. Martin said, “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” Pick up a good book and see where it takes you. It might even help you land a job. Luckily, there are some excellent jobs for book lovers out there if you know where to look.
Here are a few of the best jobs for book lovers:
- Blogger – Bloggers write for the online audience. Pick the right niche, like book reviews, and you’ll be able to read and write for a living.
- Librarian – Librarians are literally surrounded by books when they are at the office.
- Bookstore Retail Worker – Bookstore employees help organize and recommend books to customers.
- Novelist – Novelists and authors write the books that you enjoy reading. This is the ultimate book lover job.
- Book Reviewer – Book reviewers read books and give their thoughts, opinions, and recommendations.
- Audiobook Narrator – Audiobook narrators put a voice to the written word so that people can enjoy books when they are on the go.
- Archivist – Archivists help to organize and collect written documents, which sometimes includes books.
- Proofreader – When people write they make mistakes. Proofreaders go through and correct the typos, grammatical errors, and other mistakes.
- Editor – Editors work with authors to help streamline stories, check for accuracy, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Literary Agent – Literary agents work with authors get their books published and printed.
- English Teacher – English teachers help bring reading and literature to life for students.
- Translator – Translators work with hit novels and books to translate them into other languages so more people can enjoy them.
- Historian – Historians focus on the past and often the best place to learn about what happened long ago is to read about it.
With these jobs you get paid to be surrounded by, working with, or reading books. Land one of these cool jobs and let your inner bookworm shine. Find jobs for book lovers on the JobMonkey JobCenter today.