It’s that time of year. The holidays are here. Whether you’re heading to the mall or shopping online, you probably have a long list of people who you need to buy a present for. Do you have any job seekers on your shopping list?
When it comes to buying gifts for job seekers, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Job seekers are generally budget conscious. They most likely are not spending money on things that the don’t necessarily need. Instead of buying a cute candy cane full of chocolate or some other goofy gift, buy a job seeker something that is practical, useful, and helpful for their job search.
We’ve created gift guides for job seekers before. This year we decided to focus on stocking stuffers for job seekers. Here are a few ideas:
- Professional Resume Writing Services – Sometimes people need help crafting the perfect resume. Hire a resume writer to help them create a resume that will land them a job.
- Business Cards – Business cards are one of the best ways to network.
- Professional Memberships – Help a job seeker stay current on their niche with a membership in a professional organization.
- Thumb Drive – Our lives have gone digital. Why not get a simple thumb drive where a job seeker can stash their resumes, cover letters, and portfolios?
- Tools Of The Trade – What type of job is this person looking for? Choose a gift that relates to what they want to do.
- Books – It’s amazing what you can learn from a book. With books on every single subject, including job searching, there is bound to be a book that will help a job seeker get ahead.
- Watch – These days everyone tells time via their smartphone. A watch can help a job seeker feel important and stand out from the crowd – or at least be on time!
- Tie/Scarf – A cool tie or a high-end scarf can be the perfect addition to a job seeker’s wardrobe.
- Gift Cards – Sometimes you just don’t know what a job seeker needs. Maybe they need money toward a new business outfit, an iTunes gift card for an app, or an Amazon gift card for just about anything. Gift cards are a fantastic option when you just don’t know what someone needs.
- Thank You Notes – A box of thank you notes is a great gift for a job seeker. Writing a thank you note is a nice way to follow up with a recruiter or interviewer.
- Coffee/Tea – Everyone needs a pick-me-up in the morning so that they can start their day off on the right foot.
- To-Do List – A simple to-do list can help anyone stay focused on what they need to complete.
- Website – A web presence is important in today’s modern job search. Help fund a website or a domain where your favorite job seeker can host their blog, their portfolio, or their resume.
- Day Planner – Job seekers need to be able to keep track of meetings, interviews, job fairs, networking events, and so much more. Help them stay on top of their calendar with a pocket sized day planner.
Most of these stocking stuffers for job seekers are not too expensive and most of them will fit in a stocking too. Hopefully this list will help you find the perfect stocking stuffers for job seekers on your holiday shopping list. Maybe if you’re lucky, your gift will help them find their next job.