Not everyone wants a part time job, but sometimes you have to settle for what is available. Part time jobs are a great way to stay flexible, earn money, and be employed. Have you considered searching for a part time gig?
There are lots of part time job openings out there. The JobMonkey Job Board is a good place to start every job search.
If you’re having trouble with the current job market, you should highly consider getting a part time job or two. Part time jobs will help you pay the bills and earn a paycheck. They offer more flexible hours, give you professional experience, and build your network. They are a good way to get your foot in door of the working world and they often lead to full time jobs. Sounds pretty good, right?
While a part time job may not be your number one choice, it is a great option to keep you employed or allow you the work-life balance that you desire. Are you starting to come around to the idea of a part time job? There are lots of different part time jobs in many different industries. Here are a few of the best ones:
Freelance Work – Try Elance or Guru to see if you can find work in your niche.
Customer Service Representative
As you can tell there are lots of different options out there. Some of them pay really well too. Learn more about cool part time jobs on JobMonkey. Finding a part time job may be the best thing you ever do.
Use your judgement, skills, and sweet resume to help you land a part time job. Start your job search on the JobMonkey Job Board today.
No one makes a job search mistake on purpose, but they seem to happen all of the time. Do you feel like you are sabotaging your job search? You may be the victim of your own actions without even knowing it.
Almost every job seeker makes at lease one job search mistake. Some mistakes are minor, but others can cost you the job. If you think your job search is blunder-free, think again. Job search mistakes affect every aspect of the job hunt. From resumes and cover letters to interviews and follow-ups, there are plenty of places where even the most meticulous job seeker can (and will) make mistakes.
When you’re in the middle of your job search, be aware of these common job search mistakes:
- Not completing the entire application
- Not sending a thank you note
- Not maintaining your professional references
- Expecting recruiters to find you
- Holding out for jobs you’re not qualified for
- Writing a crummy resume
- Having unrealistic expectations
- Not investing time to your web presence
- Not editing what’s on your social media accounts
- Not researching a company
- Not having a professional email address and email signature
- Not tending to your personal appearance
- Having a bad attitude
- Not sending a cover letter with your application
- Not building your resume through internships, volunteering, and education
- Not being available when recruiters need you to be
- Leaving typos in your resume, application, or cover letter
- Only focusing the job search on Internet job listings
- Not networking
- Not tapping into the “hidden” job market
- Bad mouthing previous employers
- Not following up after an interview or application
- Lack of interview preparation
- Being shy
- Annoying an employer
- Lacking the ability to sell yourself
As you can tell there are plenty of job search mistakes you can make. How many of these mistakes have you made in your job hunt? You can learn how to correct and avoid a lot of these mistakes in the JobMonkey Newsletter Archive.
Now that you know some of the common job search mistakes, you will be aware of the mistakes you must avoid if you want to have a successful job hunt. Good luck!