The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are changing colors, and the mountains are starting to see the first snow of the year. Winter is just around the corner and that means it’s prime time to find cool jobs in the ski industry.
From November to April, ski resorts across the Northern Hemisphere employ fun loving people to work in a wide variety of niches including operations, marketing, retail, hospitality, and more. Is it time to ditch the cubicle and head to the mountains? We think so.
Working in a laid back mountain town is a cool way to spend a season or a lifetime. Part of working, living, and playing at a ski resort is that work life balance is part of the lifestyle. People move to mountain towns to live the vacation. They want to get out and play in the great outdoors as much as possible – and employers make sure that happens.
From entry level worker to seasoned professionals, there are all sorts of cool jobs in the ski industry to choose from. The best ski resorts to work at will offer cool perks like season passes, gear discounts, health insurance, employee housing, and more. Shop around and you’re bound to find a ski resort employer that’s ideal for you.
Below we are going to highlight a handful of ski resort employers that are hiring people like you to fill cool jobs in the ski industry. These are some of the best ski resorts to work at:
- Eaglecrest Ski Area – Alaska
- Whistler Blackcomb – British Columbia
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort – California
- Palisades Tahoe (formerly Squaw Valley-Alpine Meadows) – California
- Aspen Skiing Company – Colorado
- Copper Mountain – Colorado
- Telluride Ski Resort – Colorado
- Vail Resorts – Colorado
- Sun Valley Resort – Idaho
- Sugarloaf Mountain Resort – Maine
- Big Sky Resort – Montana
- Loon Mountain – New Hampshire
- Mount Bachelor – Oregon
- Park City Mountain Resort – Utah
- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort – Utah
- Sundance Resort – Utah
- Killington Ski Resort – Vermont
- Smugglers’ Notch Resort – Vermont
- Stevens Pass – Washington
- The Summit At Snoqualmie – Washington
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort – Wyoming
From Alaska to Maine, there are all sorts of cool ski resorts to work at. Now you just have to decide what job to apply for. Do you want to become a ski patroller? Boot fitter? Ski or Snowboard instructor? Lift operator? Terrain Park Crew? Bartender? Volunteer? It requires a huge number of people to successfully run a ski resort. Why don’t you find a cool resort and apply to join the team this winter?
Finding a cool seasonal job in a fun mountain town might just be the best thing you ever do. We highly encourage you to apply for jobs with the best ski resorts to work at. You might never go back to the “real world.”
To jumpstart your ski industry job search, stop by JobMonkey.com to learn more about the ski industry. Once you find the right job for you, it’s time to search and apply for jobs with the best ski resorts to work at. See you on the slopes!