Yahoo! has been in business since 1994. The company was founded by two Ph.D candidates attending Stanford, David Filo and Jerry Yang. Originally started as a hobby, the company has grown into an internationally-recognized corporation.
This company is one of the Big Three search engines that is most often used to create and find information, conduct business transactions and help people keep in touch with each other. Yahoo! currently has more than 500 million users in countries around the world. The company headquarters is located in Sunnyvale, CA, and Yahoo! has branch offices in a number of locations in the United States as well as in Canada, France, Ireland, Spain, and India.
Working at Yahoo!
Yahoo! encourages its staff members to “Think Big.” The company is committed to diversity in the workplace and makes a point of hiring employees from various backgrounds for available positions. Benefits available to Yahoo! employees include the following:
- Adoption Assistance (up to $5,000)
- Dental Plan
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Account for Healthcare Expenses
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Medical Insurance
- On-Site Fitness Centers or Discounts for Gym Memberships
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Service Awards
- Short-Term Disability
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,000 per year)
- Vision Coverage
- Year-End Gifts
Jobs Categories at Yahoo!
Yahoo! hires employees in the following job categories:
- Business Development/Business Operations
- Customer Care
- Editorial/Community Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Marketing/Market Research/Public Relations
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
- Real Estate/Facilities
- Sales/Sales Operations/Sales Training
- Senior Management
- User Experience and Design
Examples of Jobs at Yahoo!
Here are some examples of jobs titles that may be available at the company:
- Advertising Solutions Manager
- Copy Editor
- Data Analyst
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Product Manager
- Production Engineer
- Research Scientist
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Video Editor
- Visual Designer
How to Apply for a Job at Yahoo!
All current employment opportunities at Yahoo! are listed on the Yahoo! Careers web site. People interested in working for the company can search by keyword, job category or location to find positions they are interested in applying for. The search results will bring back a list of openings, and the job seeker can click on them to see a detailed job description. Applications can be submitted online to the company for consideration.
Learn More About Yahoo