Heading into a new job search can be intimidating. It’s easy to let common job search fears get the best of you, but don’t let a simple fear hold you back from landing a job.
Let’s take a look at 10 common job search fears that might be holding you back from become gainfully employed:
- Fear Of Rejection – Rejection is part of the game. Everyone gets rejected. Learn from your failures so that you can become a stronger job candidate the next time around.
- Fear Of Failing The Job Interview – Everyone gets a case of the nerves when they head into the job interview. Proper preparation for the job interview is essential if you want the interview to go smoothly.
- Fear Of Your Past Coming Back To Haunt You – The choices we make in life can help us or haunt us. Take the time to address your past before it becomes a problem. Edit your social media, Google yourself, learn about your record. The more you know, the better off you will be.
- Fear Of Admitting You’re Out Of Work – It can be a real blow to the ego to admit that your searching for work. Remember that everyone has been in your position before. Stand up tall and find the job you want.
- Fear Of Not Being “Fun-Employed” Any Longer – Some people love being “fun-employed.” It can be scary to give up the good life and head back to the grind. We all must do it sooner than later if we want to survive.
- Fear Of Landing A Job That You Hate – If you’ve ever had a job that you hate, it’s natural to fear the job search. No one wants to knowingly return to a job that makes them unhappy. Do your research and focus your job search on jobs with employers that will make you excited about the job hunt.
- Fear Of Selling Yourself – To land the job, you’re going to have to sell yourself. It can be hard to promote your strengths and accomplishments, but it’s absolutely necessary if you want to stand out from the job search competition.
- Fear Of Change – Everyone can agree that change is scary. If you choose the right job, change can be a good thing.
- Fear Of Not Landing The Job You Want – Everyone has a dream job that they really, really want. Unfortunately, we don’t always land that opportunity. It’s scary to shoot for the stars, but if you don’t try, you won’t know where you stand.
- Fear Of Not Get Hired – Everyone is employable in some capacity. There are plenty of jobs out there. Don’t believe us? Take a look at the JobMonkey JobCenter. If you’re not landing the jobs you want, it might be time to look in the mirror and be a bit more realistic about what you can do. Use this as motivation to determine the stepping stones in your career path.
It’s time to take a deep breathe and face your fears. Push your comfort zone. Accept your current situation and use it as motivation to help you land your dream job and lifestyle. Remember that everyone has to start somewhere. The key is to start. Don’t let your fears hold you back from doing what you want to do.