Resources for Freelance Writers
If you want to become a freelance writer, either online or offline, you need to stay up-to-date on writing news, writer’s resources, writer law, and so forth.
There are a number of websites out there purely devoted to helping writers make it big in the online world, and you can also find some great resources if you want to write in print publications as well.
Here are the most useful writing resources on the Internet:
Blogs about Freelance Writing and Making Money Online: Blogs are a great source for writers because they’re updated daily. The following are the best writing blogs:
Non-blog Resources for Writers: There are more static pages, but include a wealth of knowledge:
Some of the most common issues with freelance writing have been answered again and again by bloggers and webmasters. However, here are the best articles about topics that affect writers:
- How to Write Your About Me Page (from Darren Rowse at ProBlogger)
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines (from Brian Clark at Copyblogger)
- 15 Tips to Increase Blog Traffic (from Susan Gunelius at About.com)
- Publish Your Own Book (from M.J. Rose at O, The Oprah Magazine)
- 10 Thinks I Know About Making Money Online: Getting Started (from Shai Coggins at Just Make Money Online)
- Tips for Dealing With Your Editor (from Allena Tapia at About.com)
- Top 10 Phrases No Freelance Wants to Hear (and How to Fix Them) (from Freelance Writing Jobs’ “Candidate #4”)