Interviewing for Dude Ranch Jobs
If your ranch job application has done its job properly, the ranch will call you for an interview. This is usually done by phone, or the ranch owner may make a date to meet you in or near your hometown or school. It is best if you can actually come to the ranch to interview, which allows you to actually see the place, but this is simply not possible for many situations.
Here are some typical actual interview questions:
Tell me about yourself. (Broad & open ended questions)
- What do you enjoy doing on your free time?
- Tell us what you would consider your most ideal work environment?
- Tell us about the best job you ever worked? Why?
- Tell us about the worst job you ever worked. Why?
- What are your long term goals?
- How did you find out about us?
- Why do you want to work here? What is attracting you here?
- What do you hope to get from this job?
Seasonal Cooks only:
- What is your experience with therapeutic diets
- What are your favorite styles of cooking
- How do you manage Inventory control
- How do you honestly react when children refuse your food and ask for buttered noodles?
- How much do you feed an average 1,000 pound horse each day?
- How much water do you give them?
- Tell me a joke
Ranch Housekeepers only:
- How do you clean a room after check-out – what is your approach?
- What do you do when you find a toilet plugged?