Jobs with Trident Seafoods
Trident Seafoods has been in business since 1973. The company was founded by Chuck Bundrant, an Alaska king crab fisherman, and Kaare Ness and Mike Jacobson. Rather than simply harvesting the crab, the trio installed cookers and freezing equipment on their first boat so that they could process the catch as well.
By the year 2000, Trident Seafoods was employing 4,000 people each year. The company was processing over 250 million pounds of seafood products every year, and it is a true American success story.
Working at Trident Seafoods
Trident hires seasonal workers for its seafood processing facilities. The season may be as short as six weeks or as long as six months. The company also hires employees for its corporate office, located in Seattle. Job opportunities may also be available in its production plants for workers in Oregon, Washington, and Canada.
To get hired by Trident Seafoods, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Prepared to be interviewed in person and attend a company orientation session
- Pass a physical exam, as well as a pre-employment drug test
- Able to pass a reference check
- Candidate must commit to the entire term of the employment agreement
- Tolerant and able to get along well with others
- Hard working, with a positive attitude
- Agree to remain drug and alcohol free during the employment period
- Able to pass a criminal record check
Seafood processors working at Trident are provided with room and board at the company's expense, as well as transportation from Seattle to Alaska. Failing to fulfill the length of the employment agreement means that the employee is responsible for his or her transportation costs. There are no guaranteed hours; when fish are available, employees may be expected to work 12-18 hours per day in cold, wet conditions without having days off.
Jobs at Trident Seafoods
Here are some examples of the kinds of positions which may be available at Trident:
- Administrative Staff
- Baader Technicians
- Engineers (licensed & unlicensed)
- Licensed Master/Mate
- Maintenance Mechanics
- Plant Management
- Seafood Quality Control Jobs
- Refrigeration Mechanics
- Roe Technicians
- Seafood Processors
- Surimi Technicians
How to Apply for a Job at Trident Seafoods
Find a list of current Trident Seafoods Job Openings in the JobMonkey Job Center.