Southeastern Region Ski Resort Jobs
The Southeastern United States is a great place for an exciting ski and snowboard experience. The ski resorts aren’t huge or internationally well known, but they do make excellent places to be in nature and to slide around on the snow that covers the Appalachian Mountains. The rolling hills, light hearted mountain experience, and fun filled skiing adventures are unlike skiing anywhere else.
The Southeastern Region includes North Carolina, Maryland, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. It’s a big region with around 15 ski resorts nestled into the mountains. They typically operate from Thanksgiving until March, depending on the snow conditions.
The Southeastern ski resorts may not be the resorts written up in ski magazines, or the places you daydream about, or the spots in the latest ski flick, but they do offer skiing and snowboarding to people all over the region. Every resort needs hard working folks to run the lifts, be on ski patrol, instruct lessons, work in shops, coach up and coming racers, and perform other ski resort operations. Working here is a wonderful place to perfect your skills, earn certifications, escape the Southern heat, or just play in the mountains. Generally the clientele is made up of locals and guests from within the region who bring a nice southern, local feel to the ski areas.
If you want to work at one of the ski resorts in this area as a college kid on holiday break, a city dwelling weekend warrior, or as a full time ski aficionado then be sure to apply early. There are plenty of both full time and part time opportunities and who knows where this job will take you.
Start your job search with the following list of the big ski resorts and employers in the Southeastern region. Scroll through the list and click on any employer to learn more about them. If you don’t see what you’re looking for in this list, you can also visit our Ski Areas to find more resorts in each state.
Alternatively, if you already know where you want to work, search for any ski industry job at JobMonkey’s Job Center.
- Ski Beech – Also known as Beech Mountain Resort, Ski Beech is a sweet year round resort that offers some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the area during the winter months. It is also home to a mountain boarding terrain park and several mountain biking trails. If you’re living in the mountains of North Carolina, Beech Mountain is an exciting place to find a job.
- Sugar Mountain – With over 1000 feet of vertical and 20 runs, Sugar Mountain is a fantastic place to ride the lifts and hone your skiing and riding skills.
- Wintergreen Resort – Everything at Wintergreen is built at the top of the mountain as opposed to the base of the hill. It is home to a top notch spa and award winning tennis program, 5 chairlifts, a huge convention area, a 900 foot tubing hill, several golf courses, and quite a few mansions. Try working here and you’ll be hooked on snow sports for sure.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort – Almost half a million people visit Snowshoe Mountain Resort each year. The region is notably cooler and gets more snow than the surrounding area, which makes it a great spot to ski and get paid.
- Winterplace Resort – A popular spot because of its close proximity to the Interstate, Winterplace has been open and operating since 1958 as a four season resort.