Truck Driving Jobs with Prime Inc.
Truck drivers working for Prime can expect to be part of a superior transportation company, committed to providing the highest world-class customer service, technical advances and systems. Since 1986, the company has been steadily growing in customer service and revenue and their technology and equipment are always on the leading edge, allowing the company to provide excellent customer service to all its clients.
Prime's Driver Training Program is especially good for those students who may have financial difficulties getting student loans. Students who become drivers and stay for a full year with the company receive their training for no cost up front! For the first 4 weeks you're in the training program earning your CDL you receive $240 from the company, and then after that your pay goes up to $600 or 12 cents per mile while you complete your training. This 'advance pay' is taken off your future pay at a rate of $25 per week, so the training costs you nothing up front. After you earn your CDL you are matched with a Prime instructor for the next 3-6 months of on-the-job training. Your instructor will teach you the ins and outs of the industry and train you to become a profitable lease driver operator.
Most students begin their training by getting their CDL trainers permit within the first few days of their orientation and simply earn their CDL over the next few months training at the Prime training facility. Graduates with their CDL become B Class drivers and generally earn $600 per week or 12 cents per mile for the remainder of their training. Team training, classroom study and driving make up the balance of training for B Class drivers on their way to Class A status. Because of the high cost of recruiting and training new students, you will need to sign an operating agreement with Prime. The agreement requires that you stay as a driver with Prime for at least one full year from your graduation date.
Driver Student Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21
- American resident or have Green Card
- No reckless driving convictions over the previous 3 yrs.
- No alcohol offenses over the previous 5 yrs.
- Less than 5 moving violations over the previous 3 yrs.
- Must have a stable employment history and excellent references
- Needs to pass a DOT drug test
One of the ways this company stands out from its competition is the fact that it creates its own group of CDL instructors from within its ranks of accomplished drivers. Drivers chosen to become CDL instructors can make much more money over simply driving tractor trailers. The CDL instructor program offers:
- One-on-one ratio of student to instructor
- One hundred hours of over-the-road training
- Ability to earn $300 every week for up to 4 weeks
- You will earn $500 when your apprentice graduates and receives his CDL
- Earn $300 should your apprentice decide to stay with Prime for at least 6 months
- You can also make $300 if your apprentice decides to stay with Prime for 1 full year
- An additional $500 is yours when your apprentice is promoted to become an "A" seat driver