Trucking Jobs with Roadway (YRC)
Roadway is one of the many transportation companies now listed under the umbrella of YRC Worldwide. The company is one of the world’s largest and most professional transportation organizations with global transport solutions for commercial and industrial clients.
With over 60,000 employees worldwide, YRC is among the largest and most respected transport companies in the United States. Drivers looking to make their career with YRC can expect to find competitive salaries, excellent benefit programs and a challenging work environment. Drivers who want to excel at their careers are always welcome to join the YRC family of transport companies. The company mission states, Making global commerce work by connecting people, places and information. With over 800,000 customers in 80 countries, YRC Worldwide is proud of its corps of professional drivers.
Roadway and the other companies under YRC Worldwide are always looking for drivers and applicants with military experience. The company believes in the appreciation of those who’ve given of themselves to protect their country. Their training skills are valued as are their work experiences. As a matter of fact, over 13 percent of the YRC workforce is made up of current, retired or ex-military personnel. The company offers many challenging and rewarding career paths for those transitioning from active military to civilian life.
Dedicated Team Truckload Driver
Drivers wanting to become tractor-trailer drivers with Roadway (YRC) need to be able to provide safe transport of customer freight from one point to another along many assigned routes and in all types of weather conditions. As expected with long-haul trucking work, the job requires the driver to be alert while driving for many hours on the road. Communication between the driver and the dispatch point is crucial and each driver must also have very effective communication with customers. Some major duties of this position include:
- Responsible for safe, on-time transport of customer freight
- Must follow all commercial driving regulations
- Pickup, deliver and manage load manifests
- Drive for long periods of time, within DOT guidelines
- Hook and unhook trailers as required, utilizing safety practices and guidelines
- Comply with all company safety policies and communicate well with company representatives
- Must have Class A CDL with HazMat and Doubles endorsements
- Must speak, read and write English to DOT standards
- Needs to pass a DOT drug test, company skills test and physical exam to DOT specifications
- Should be minimum 22 yrs. of age
- A full year of previous OTR driving experience is required
- Safe driving record and stable work history required