Jobs with SAIA Transportation
For nearly a century, SAIA has been one of the top regional LTL transportation companies in the United States. By serving the South, Southwest, Midwest. Northwest and Eastern regions of the country, the company regularly ranks as one of the top ten carriers in the less-than-load category.
The company’s growth has been mostly accomplished through mergers and acquisitions over the years, allowing the company to serve 34 states through 147 terminals. If you’re the type of driver who takes pride in the work you do and who has a strong work ethic, SAIA wants to welcome you. By offering competitive pay with excellent job benefits and paid training programs, SAIA has become one of the best transport employers in the country. The company works hard to be the best transporter of LTL cargo in the business. The company also has regular shipments to more than 75 destinations in Mexico, making it one of the best LTL shippers between the two countries.
- Very competitive pay
- Dental, vision and medical plans
- Prescription drug plan
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Company-matched 401K plan
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation days
Local City Driver Jobs
Local city drivers operate various tractor trailers between terminals within the company’s regional service areas. Drivers sort, handle, load and unload cargo freight at various terminals and customer locations. The work week is generally Monday to Friday, and drivers may need to work on the terminal docks as required on their route. The average annual salary for a SAIA local city driver is $54,000.
Driving Qualifications include:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Needs to have a Triples and HazMat endorsement
- Must have minimum 1 year tractor trailer driving experience
- Needs to have a safe driving record
Line Haul Driver Jobs
Line haul drivers are responsible for operating tractor trailer combinations for extended periods of time and over long distances. The routes cover company terminals, docks and yards as well a customer facilities and work sites. Line haul drivers are responsible for picking up, transporting and delivering all manner of cargo freight. Line haul drivers working for SAIA can expect to earn an annual salary of $64,000.
Truck Driver Qualifications include:
- Needs to have a valid Class A CDL
- Must be at least 21 yrs. of age
- Needs to have a safe and proven driving record
- Must have Triples and HazMat training
- Should have minimum one year of tractor trailer driving experience