Recreational Aide & Lifeguard Pay

Recreational Aides and Assistants are required to have a valid driver’s license and minimum educational and experience levels. Aides must have a high school diploma or equivalency, plus one year of related experience or two years of study at an accredited higher learning institution in courses related to recreation planning and management. Recreational assistants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalency, along with at least one year of experience working in recreational planning and management, and higher education is recommended.

Pay for Lifeguards Depends on Specific Requirements and Experience Levels

One year of graduate level education focusing on recreational planning and management can be substituted for job experience.

Recreational Specialists must have the same educational qualifications, and are required to have a minimum of one year of on the job experience. They must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Two years of graduate level work in recreational planning and management are needed to substitute for job experience.

Lifeguards are also subject to specific requirements. You must be at least 18 years old to apply, and hold a current American Red Cross First Aid and a Water Safety Instructor certificate, a valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a performance test.

All of these positions offer fairly similar paychecks – about $13 to $22 per hour.

Sign up for our newsletter!