The School Year in China
The Chinese school year is broken into two semesters, the first beginning in the fall and lasting until the beginning of January. Everyone generally has three weeks to a month to travel during the Chinese New Year holiday, then the school year ends in May or June. Hiring takes place during the intervening months.
Below is a list of holidays you may have off work.
- January 1: New Year's Day
- Mid-February (three days): Spring Festival
- March 8: Working Women's Day (women may get a half-day off)
- May 1: International Labor Day
- July 1: Founding of Chinese Communist Party Day
- August 1: Founding of Chinese PLA Day
- October 1: National Day